World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
The World Trade Week committee offers scholarships to aspiring students in international trade fields. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding graduating high school seniors entering an accredited college or university with the goal of a career in international trade, as well as college students pursuing international degrees. By fostering international trade education and international business development, the committee hopes to develop a network of international trade professionals willing to provide mentoring to future students interested in international business.
Additional Selection Criteria
The qualifications include:
1. Full-time Student: A candidate must be enrolled in a full-time academic program in California relating to international trade with verification of a min. 3.0 GPA. If a student’s major does not have an international dimension, an international trade internship will suffice.
2. Trade Experience Report (one to two pages): Essay should detail the candidate’s demonstrated commitment to a career related to international trade and/or global business through an internship, work experience or key project related to these fields. The internship report should include the name of the organization/company, explain the international aspect of their business, along with a description of activities as an intern or employee. Project-related reports should include a description of key elements learned during the report and concrete plans to pursue a career in the field. OR Create a video no more than two minutes that shows viewers what inspired you to take on an international trade related internship and what you plan to do in the future with you’ve learned. (See guidelines attached).
3. Letter of Recommendation: Two Letters of Recommendation, one of the letters must from the faculty member.
4. Future Mentor: A candidate must be willing to become a future international trade mentor to other students once he or she has become an international business professional
The purpose of the scholarships is to foster international trade education and international business development.
Application ProcessTo apply:
1. Complete an internship in an international trade-related field.
2. Write a one-two page internship report or 2 min. video (see requirements attached).
3. Request letters of recommendation.
4. Provide unofficial or official transcripts
5. Email your completed internship report, letter of recommendation, and a copy of your resume to the following:
World Trade Week Education Committee
c/o Jasmin Sakai-Gonzalez
For additional information, please contact Jgonzalez@lachamber.com
Additional Scholarship Opportunity:
Global Trade Scholar Award
All selected scholarship recipients will be reviewed to receive a World Trade Week 2021 scholarship. Selection will be based on additional phone interview. Requirement: The Global Trade Scholar Award is the highest honor a World Trade Week scholarship applicant can receive. This award is given to a student that has gone above and beyond their regular role as a student and shows high potential for influencing global trade in their future career. The award stands for academic excellence and outstanding leadership. Winner will receive an additional $500 scholarship in addition to their World Trade Week 2021 scholarship. The award will be presented during the main ceremony of the World Trade Week Kickoff breakfas on May 7, 2021.
March 5, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Point Foundation The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Gucci Changemakers Scholarship Program
- Soar to College Scholarship
- Cancer for College Scholarships
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Handweavers Guild of America Scholarships
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- The San Diego Foundation Common Scholarship
- SimpleTexting College Scholarship Contest
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- The HSF Scholarship
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- Doodle for Google Contest
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships