World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
The World Trade Week 2018 Education Committee is sponsoring several $1000 scholarships for students intending to pursue a career in international trade. Those who apply for this scholarship will also be in the running to potentially receive another additional $500 through selection as the Global Trade Scholar Award.
Additional Selection CriteriaThe qualifications include:
- Full-time Student: A candidate must be enrolled in a full-time academic program in California relating to international trade with verification of a min. 3.0 GPA. If a student’s major does not have an international dimension, an international trade internship will suffice.
- Trade Experience Report (one to two pages): Essay should detail the candidate’s demonstrated commitment to a career related to international trade and/or global business through an internship, work experience or key project related to these fields. The internship report should include the name of the organization/company, explain the international aspect of their business, along with a description of activities as an intern or employee. Project-related reports should include a description of key elements learned during the report and concrete plans to pursue a career in the field.
Create a video no more than two minutes that shows viewers what inspired you to take on an international trade related internship and what you plan to do in the future with you’ve learned. (See guidelines attached).
- Letter of Recommendation: Two Letters of Recommendation, one of the letters must from the faculty member.
- Future Mentor: A candidate must be willing to become a future international trade mentor to other students once he or she has become an international business professional
The deadline for submission and receipt of the materials described above is 5 p.m., Friday, March 16, 2018. Submitted materials will be reviewed and winners notified by mid-April. The scholarship recipients will be awarded at the annual Kickoff-off Breakfast in downtown Los Angeles. Winners must be present to accept the award and provide proof of enrollment in applicable classes at a valid university or college in order to receive the scholarship check.
1. Complete an internship in an international trade-related field.
2. Write a one-two page internship report or 2 min. video
3. Upload two letters of recommendation.
4. Upload your unofficial transcript.
For full application visit the website below.
March 16, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Cleantech Scholarship Program
- Giant Mommy Internet Marketing Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- London Scholarship
- A Sustainable Future Through Solar Energy Scholarship
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Two Ten Higher Education Footwear Design Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
- SDRA's Jerry Wheeler Scholarship Program
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship
- The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Ayn Rand 'Atlas Shrugged' Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand 'The Fountainhead' Essay Contest
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship