Wells Fargo Scholarship for People with Disabilities
In honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) has committed $1 million to Scholarship America to implement a special scholarship program to help people with disabilities obtain the education or training necessary to succeed in the career path of their choice.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award for full-time study or a $1,250 award for half-time study
- Full-time student awards may be renewed for up to three (3) additional years and half-time student awards may be renewed for up to seven (7) years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Awards are for undergraduate study only
Additional Selection Criteria
Applicants of the Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities award must:
- Have an identified disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major life activity)
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent
- Be a high school senior or graduate who plans to enroll or who is already enrolled in full-time or half-time (at least 6 credits per term) undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
To apply, go to: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/pwdscholarship/
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page
Each applicant will be required to submit an essay on the question: What life experiences have shaped who you are today?Also as part of your application, one online recommendation must be submitted on your behalf by 3:00 p.m. CT on December 10, 2019.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
You will be notified of the status of your application in March. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Wells Fargo. Payments are made on August 1.
Scholarship finalists are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- An online recommendation
Financial need as calculated by Scholarship America must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Selection of finalists is made by Scholarship America. Wells Fargo Committee members will review finalists’ applications, essays and statements and provide input to Scholarship America. Scholarship America will select recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Only the first 700 applications submitted will be considered for scholarship evaluation.
December 10, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Program
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- The INKAS Rising Star Scholarship
- Wells Fargo Scholarship for People with Disabilities
- DocuTAP Scholarship Program
- AXA Foundation Scholarships
- Burger King Scholars Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- Hooked to Books Scholarship
- Jay Kennedy Memorial Scholarship
- Gucci Changemakers Scholarship Program
- Lucky Patcher Scholarship
- The Jessi Ghawi Memorial Scholarship
- The Nora Excellence in Art Activism Scholarship
- Tobi Cares Scholarship
- Velvetech Scholarship Program
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- Foot Locker Scholars Athlete Program