The Walmart Foundation’s Associate Scholarship Program was created to empower our associates and their children through education. Over the past three decades, the Foundation has been proud to offer scholarships to eligible associates and their high school senior dependents to pursue two- or four-year college degrees, trade or technical school certificates.
Walmart has built an educational platform, Live Better U, that brings our suite of education benefits together to make it easier for all associates to learn about and access the options designed to support their education at every level. The program includes our dollar-a-day college program, cost-free high school education to associates and eligible family members, discounts on higher education programs like master’s degrees, foreign language learning and much more.
With Walmart’s dollar-a-day benefit available to all associates, the Walmart Foundation is phasing out the associate and dependent scholarship program effective February 1, 2021.
Associates interested in taking advantage of our lifelong learning opportunities should check out Live Better U.
Associate Scholarship — Up to $16,000 over 6 years
Dependent Scholarship — Up to $13,000 over 4 years
Additional Selection Criteria
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be the dependent of a Walmart associate (employee) who has been actively employed within any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months as of April 2, 2020.
- Must be a high school (or home school) senior graduating between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020 or a GED candidate earning his or her diploma between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020.
- High school/home school seniors must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale.
- Must enroll for fall 2020 as a freshman/1st year student in a full-time program of study at a two-year or four-year college or university. The school must be an accredited U.S. institution, and listed on the official website for the U.S. Department of
Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx). Military academies are not approved institutions.
- Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents.
Associate Scholarship Application Process
Calendar year 2020 is the final year new applications will be accepted for the Walmart Associate Scholarship. The application process will continue to be offered in the first month of each quarter; after Q4 (November 2020), the process will close to all new applicants. We will continue to honor all existing scholarships, as well as those granted during FY2021, through completion of degree or for up to six years (whichever comes first), provided scholars continue to meet all renewal qualifications.
We also encourage associates to check out Live Better U for additional educational opportunities. Dependent Scholarship Application Process
Calendar year 2020 is the final year new applications will be accepted for the Walmart Dependent Scholarship. If you (are/were) selected as a scholarship recipient, the Walmart Foundation will continue to honor all scholarships through completion of degree or for up to four years (whichever comes first), provided scholars continue to meet all renewal qualifications.
We also encourage you to seek funding through alternative channels. For dependents, Walmart’s Live Better U currently offers a program for high school completion. Go here to learn more.
Click here to apply for or renew a Walmart Associate Scholarship.
Click here to apply for or renew a Walmart Dependent Scholarship.
April 2, 2020
For the application or more information go to: