Verplank Foundation Scholarships
The Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation provides annually, renewable college scholarships to students beginning their undergraduate studies of up to $10,000 to be used toward tuition, student fees, and books. Scholarships are renewable for up to a maximum of four years for any one recipient based on completing the renewal requirements.
Up to $10,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- High School Senior
- Childhood diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Successfully managing diabetes with proper medication, exercise and diet
- Commitment to education by maintaining in excess of a 3.0 grade point average
- Commitment to participating in athletics by actively participating on an organized team
- United States Citizen
- Completion of application with supporting documentation and endorsements
- Applications are accepted beginning January 1 of a student’s Senior year in high school.
- Awardees must maintain a 3.0 grade point average until graduation.
- To be considered for funding to begin in the fall of 2021, applications must be received by the Foundation by April 15, 2021. Applications received after April 15 will not be considered.
- Once an application is considered completed, the student will see an “application received” message on the screen.
- An Applicant Portfolio will be prepared and reviewed by the Foundation Office for consideration of the Verplank Scholarship. Only information in application and requested by Foundation will be considered. Please do not send unsolicited information to be considered.
- Please do not send unsolicited information to be considered. Unsolicited information will not be reviewed or added to application.
- Applicant portfolio reviews begin in April for qualified applicants.
- Additional information may be requested from applicants during the review process including but not limited to completion of Supplemental Survey and Budget.
- The Foundation Board of Directors will announce their selections in late June 2021. All applicants will receive an email regarding their status.
- Upon selection and notification of award in June, Verplank Scholars will receive information about Award Activation and Renewal Requirements
April 15, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program
- OCCACCF Scholarship
- Jeffrey D. Sollender College Scholarship
- CFDA Design Scholarship Awards