Verplank Foundation Scholarships
The Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation provides annually, renewable college scholarships to students beginning their undergraduate studies of up to $10,000 to be used toward tuition, student fees, and books. Scholarships are renewable for up to a maximum of four years for any one recipient based on completing the renewal requirements.
Up to $10,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- High School Senior
- Childhood diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Successfully managing diabetes with proper medication, exercise and diet
- Commitment to education by maintaining in excess of a 3.0 grade point average
- Commitment to participating in athletics by actively participating on an organized team
- United States Citizen
- Completion of application with supporting documentation and endorsements
- Applications are accepted beginning January 1 of a student’s Senior year in high school.
- Awardees must maintain a 3.0 grade point average until graduation.
- To be considered for funding to begin in the fall of 2020, applications must be received by the Foundation by April 15, 2020. Applications received after April 15 will not be considered.
- Once an application is considered completed, the student will see an “application received” message on the screen.
- An Applicant Portfolio will be prepared and reviewed by the Foundation Office for consideration of the Verplank Scholarship. Only information in application and requested by Foundation will be considered. Please do not send unsolicited information to be considered.
- Portfolio reviews begin in March for current seniors.
- Additional information may be requested from applicants during the review process including but not limited to completion of Supplemental Survey and Budget.
- The Foundation Board of Directors will announce their selections in late June 2020. All applicants will receive an email regarding their status.
- Upon selection and notification of award in June, Verplank Scholars will receive information about Award Activation and Renewal Requirements
April 15, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Adobe Creative Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship