Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
Due to the generosity of an anonymous donor, The Vegetarian Resource Group each year will award $20,000 in college scholarship money to graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities. Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish, or fowl. Vegan's are vegetarians who do not use other animal products such as dairy or eggs.
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given. Entries may only be sent by students graduating from high school in SPRING 2019.
Applicants will be judged on having shown compassion, courage, and a strong commitment to promoting a peaceful world through a vegetarian diet/lifestyle. Payment will be made to the student's college (U.S. based only). Winners of the scholarships give permission to release their names to the media. Applications and essays become property of The Vegetarian Resource Group. We may ask finalists for more information. Scholarship winners are contacted by e-mail or telephone. Please look at your e-mail.
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given.
Graduating high school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
Entries may only be sent by students graduating from high school in SPRING 2019, who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
I. When applying, please include the following:
(Use additional paper if necessary.)
II. Please submit an essay addressing the following:
- How you promoted vegetarianism in your high school and/or community
- Your successes
- Your challenges
- What you learned/what you would do different
- How you expect to promote vegetarianism in college and beyond
- Your future goals
- Your strengths
- Your weaknesses
- Your "perfect" life in five years
- Why you should receive this scholarship
- How you became vegetarian and why you are vegetarian
- How you define vegetarian
- Why vegetarianism is important to you
- What else is important to you
- What vegetarian foods you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
- What restaurants you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
III. Please also attach:
- A copy of your transcripts or report cards for the past two years. (An official copy is not necessary. Photocopies of your report cards will suffice.)
- Three or more recommendations (including at least one teacher).
- Any documentation related to your promotion of vegetarianism in high school and/or community including photographs, newspaper stories, etc.
For the application and more information please visit the website below.
February 20, 2019
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contes
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Berbay Scholarship Program
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- Montana Silversmiths Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- CoffeeForLess.com "Hit the Books" Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
- Karman Healthcare Mobility Scholarship Program
- Next Generation Scholarship
- We the Future Contest
- Digital Responsibility Scholarships
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- The Marcena Lozano Donate Life Scholarship Fund
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship