TLMI Scholarship Programs
in the education and success of our workforce is an important priority
to our organization. TLMI provides scholarships in three categories: two-year college degree program ($1,000), four-year college degree program ($5,000), and full-time employees of member companies
($5,000). TLMI will also provide one graduate-degree-program
scholarship per year to a full-time employee of a member company who is
pursuing their graduate degree.
Two-year college degree program: $1,000
Four-year college degree program: $5,000
Full-time employee of member companies: $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- The applicant must demonstrate interest in employment in the tag, label industry and package printing industry.
- Major course work should include
courses which are relevant to the tag, label and package printing
industry. These courses can include (but are not limited to):
→ Graphic Design or Fine Arts
→ Graphic Communications
- The applicant must submit an official transcript and maintain a minimum of a 3.00 GPA.
- Relatives of TLMI board members, corporate owners, and CEOs are not eligible to apply.
In addition the eligibility requirements outlined above, the applicant must be enrolled full-time in an accredited two-year college or technical program in the United States of Canada and must be pursuing a degree in printing.
Four Year College Degree Scholarship Program
In addition to the eligibility requirements outlined above, the applicant must attend, full-time, an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. The four-year college program scholarship is reserved for junior and senior year students only.
Member Company Scholarship Program
In addition to the eligibility requirements outlined above, the applicant must be a full-time employee of a TLMI member company. The applicant must attend an accredited college or university, in the United States or Canada, either part-time or full-time.
Application Instructions1. Provide a personal statement and include the following information.
- Career and/or education goals and how they might relate to the tag, label and package printing industry.
- Reasons the applicant should be selected for this scholarship
- Personal information including any special circumstances, interests, and activities.
- Employment experience.
- Contact information for scheduling a personal interview (email, phone, fax, mail).
2. Provide samples or documentation that demonstrate interest in the tag, label, and package printing industry. (Example: Graphic arts or label that the applicant has designed or printed).
3. Two letters of recommendation from non-family members. The letters of recommendation can be completed through the reference form link. Applicants of the full time employee scholarship should provide a recommendation completed by the applicants current employer, who is required to be a TLMI member, in lieu of the two letters of recommendation.
4. An official transcript sent directly to the TLMI offices from the accredited college or university. A 3.00 GPA average or above is required.
5. The completed application and all required documents must be received by April 10, 2020.
6. The applicant should keep copies of all pages of the application, supporting materials and personal statements.
Note: Qualified applicants will be asked to schedule a phone interview.
April 10, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The Korean Ancestry Grant
- The Tobey Merrill Scholarship
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- All Ways Up Foundation Scholarship
- TLMI Scholarship Programs