The Women's Jewelry Association Foundation Scholarships
The Women's Jewelry Association Foundation, Inc. offers a variety of scholarships and grants to support the professional growth and educational endeavors of women in the jewelry and watch industries. Funds for these programs are generously provided by our coporate partners, local WJA chapters, the annual Awards for Excellence gala, and by individual donations.
$5,000 — THE GABRIEL LOVE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
$5,000 — THE CINDY EDELSTEIN JEWELRY DESIGN SCHOLARSHIP
Varies — STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Additional Selection Criteria
THE GABRIEL LOVE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPThe WJA-Gabriel Love Foundation Student Scholarship in partnership with Gabriel & Co. is a $5,000 scholarship awarded to a deserving female student enrolled in fine jewelry design courses (between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019). This scholarship has been established to help provide funding for students to achieve professional growth within the fine jewelry industry and in their communities at large. Consideration will be given to students who are able to clearly articulating a desire to participate in charitable efforts in the future or how they will use their career in jewelry to improve communities.
Applications for this scholarship are open to members and non-members of the Women's Jewelry Association. Applicants must complete the online application, which includes an essay, three images, and provide proof of enrollment.
APPLICATION PERIOD: Feb 28 - April 18
THE CINDY EDELSTEIN JEWELRY DESIGN SCHOLARSHIP
The Women’s Jewelry Association established the Cindy Edelstein Jewelry Design Scholarship in memory of one of the jewelry industry’s most beloved and respected members who died suddenly in 2016 of cardiac arrest. Edelstein was a champion of the jewelry design community and especially understood the unique challenges that newcomers to the field faced. For that reason, the scholarship is targeted to emerging fine jewelry designers or artisans, and memorializes her tireless pursuit of educating, mentoring, and coaching these entrepreneurs.
In memory of Edelstein's equally unwavering commitment to WJA and the careers of women, only women who are current WJA members are eligible to apply. The recipient can pursue either design or business courses, providing they are focused on improving her artistry and/or her designer jewelry business.
The Cindy Edelstein Jewelry Design Scholarship will be given annually in the amount of $5,000.
Check Back May 1st to Apply
DEADLINE: June 15, 2018
Scholarships for students are offered in varying amounts (starting at $500) and are available to female students (including WJA members) who are enrolled in fine jewelry and watch design courses with classes between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019. Since 2012, the WJA Foundation has awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships and grants.
Each year we award scholarships in three different categories:
Designer/Creator Category (based on images of finished pieces that are designed and created by the student)
Designer Category (based on designs by the student, includes CAD and drawings)
Non-Designer Category (essay-based for those studying to be a gemologist, appraiser, watch-maker, bench jeweler, or retailer)
APPLICATION PERIOD: Feb 28 - April 18
THE GABRIEL LOVE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP — Deadline April 18th
THE CINDY EDELSTEIN JEWELRY DESIGN SCHOLARSHIP — Deadline June 15th
June 15, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- PFLAG National Scholarship Program
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Two Ten Higher Education Footwear Design Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
- SDRA's Jerry Wheeler Scholarship Program
- ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship
- The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Ayn Rand 'Atlas Shrugged' Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand 'The Fountainhead' Essay Contest
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship
- The Technical Generation Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
- Industrial Fabrics Foundation Scholarships