The Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship
Administered by UNCF, the Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship reflects the brand’s commitment to support the educational endeavors of Black/African American students throughout the United States, who have an interest in pursuing a degree in Design.
Examples of majors include, but are not limited to: Animation Design, Apparel/Fashion Design, Apparel Technical Design, Architecture/Landscaping, Costume Design, Digital Arts and Design, Fashion Product Development, Fine Arts, Footwear Design, Graphic Design, Illustration Industrial Design, Interior Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, UX Design, Technical Design, Textile Arts, Textile Design/Surface/Fibers, Textile Sciences and Engineering, Transportation Design, and Weaving Arts.
This year, the program will award 6 need-based scholarships, up to $3,000, to first-year/incoming freshman, with a demonstrated, unmet financial need, as verified by their institution. (Applicants are required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form).
6 — up to $3,000 ($1,500 per semester)
The scholarship is renewable for three additional years or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first, if eligibility criteria continue to be met.
Additional Selection Criteria
For consideration, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale), be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S. and attending a U.S. located, four-year accredited college or university or two-year community college. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time, first-year student at the time of initial award in Fall 2022.
This scholarship is administered by the UNCF.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be sent an email confirming that their application has been received. If you do not receive this email, the application was probably not submitted correctly.
For an application to be considered complete, the following must be submitted:
- A complete online application, which includes:
- A current academic transcript
- Sample of applicant’s artwork
- Brief statement describing the concept of the artwork.
Scholars will be selected based on submission of artwork and the content and quality of the written statement.
Preference will be given to participants of Target’s Advancing Diverse Designers mentor program and/or those enrolling in a design school.
If you have questions about this scholarship or require assistance from a UNCF staff member and would like someone to contact you, please click on the link below to submit a contact request.
Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship Contact/Assistance Request Form: https://forms.office.com/r/XfppMkJqbX
You may contact the program manager directly, via email, Dr. Franklin Soares at: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 12, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- IETF College Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest
- The Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- Golden Door Scholarship
- Dyslexia/ Auditory Processing Disorder Scholarship
- TFS Making Life Easier Scholarship
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Future Designer Scholarship
- Good Tidings Foundation Scholarship
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation Scholarship
- Soroptimist-Live Your Dream Award
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Brown Bag Marketing Scholarship Video Contest
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Pilot Pen G2 Overachievers Grant
- Digital Success Scholarship Program
- CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship Program
- Influence Print Graphic Design Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship