The Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund Scholarship
The LMM Fund proudly offer educational scholarships to students who have lost a parent to alcohol, drug, or prescription drug abuse.
Additional Selection Criteria
Criteria for The Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund Scholarship
1. Prior Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund scholarship recipients do not qualify to apply in subsequent years.
2. Applications and supporting materials must be received before the application deadline to ensure processing. The scholarship recipient will be notified by email, and the scholarship will be sent to the school noted on your application for the Fall term.
3. Applicants must personally apply for the scholarship. Applications cannot be submitted by a third party.
4. Applicants must be a legal US citizen and enrolled in a college or university located in the United States.
5. Applicants must show proof of part-time or full-time enrollment in a college or university. Proof of enrollment would include:
- Proof of registration from the registrar’s office
- Class schedule that has your name and student ID number
Prior to the scholarship being sent, there must be verification of registration and/or enrollment for the Fall term.
6. Applicants must show proof of a 3.0 minimum grade point average by submitting a recent transcript.
7. Applicants must have had a parent or guardian who passed away due to substance abuse. We must have written verification that this was the cause of death.
8. Applicants must submit an essay of approximately 800-1500 words that describes the following:
- How your parent or guardian passed away and how you got through that difficult time in your life
- What your biggest challenges were being a student with a parent struggling from addiction
- What your education means to you and your family
- Why you feel you should be awarded this scholarship
- How this scholarship will make a difference in your life
All submission materials become the property of The Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund and will not be returned to you. Scholarship recipients are asked to provide answers to interview questions if chosen.
All applications and supporting materials must be received before the deadline: May 31, 2021
Questions, contact them at: https://thelmmfund.org/contact/
May 31, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Don and Roy Splawn Charitable Foundation West Scholarship
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships
- AKA-EAF Scholarshps
- American Legion Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- Kids with Courage Type 1 Champions Scholarship Program
- LEAD Scholarship Foundation
- LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
- Operation Second Chance Scholarship
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Verplank Foundation Scholarships
- We the Students Essay Contest
- Create Real Impact Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- NEWH Chapter Scholarships