The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
This scholarship is for high school seniors and students who will be attending a college or university in the United States as a freshman during the 2021-2022 academic year. Applicants who are currently not seniors in high school (e.g., students who are taking a gap year or adults returning to school), but applicants who will be considered incoming freshmen are eligible to apply. Applicants should have demonstrated outstanding personal achievements, academic merit, leadership qualities and/or community service. Special consideration will be noted for applicants:
- who have parents that are United States veterans or are currently in the U.S. military;
- with a demonstrated financial need; or
with parents who did not attend college.
The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation (the “Foundation”) anticipates awarding approximately $100,000 in scholarships in 2021. The Foundation intends to set the number of actual scholarships and the amount of an individual scholarship based on a consideration of certain factors, including without limitation, the financial resources and the qualifications of the scholarship recipients.
High school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant is required to:
- Be a freshman in the 2021-2022 academic year and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted grade point average between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their GPA to a 4.0 scale before submitting an application to the Foundation.
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300 (out of 1600) or a minimum ACT score of 27. However, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2021 does not require such test scores, please so indicate in the application form. The Foundation will verify this with the school prior to any award.
- Have at least two reference letters, one of which must be from a current or former teacher in an academic subject.
- Submit personal statements as further described in this application.
- Have applied to a U.S. college/university, either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon such acceptance letter is available).
- Submit to interviews in person or by phone/Skype, if requested.
Notwithstanding the foregoing criteria, the Foundation reserves the right to waive any or all qualifications for applicants who have demonstrated exceptional adverse circumstances.
The Foundation is trying to reduce the amount of paper used. Therefore, they would prefer that applicants submit an application using the form on their website: http://www.louiefamilyfoundation.org/scholarship-application
All supplemental application materials, including transcripts, standardized test scores, and tax forms, may be scanned and submitted to the Foundation. For transcripts and test scores, they will ask for official copies if you are awarded a scholarship.The Foundation will provide the scholarship funds directly to the institution where the scholarship recipient enrolls. The scholarship funds will not be paid to the applicant directly. If the scholarship recipient does not matriculate at the school or withdraws from enrollment, the Foundation will seek reimbursement for any funds paid to the school.
March 15, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Penguin Random House Creative Writing Awards
- DCU for Kids Annual Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program