The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
This scholarship is for high school seniors and students who will be attending a college or university in the United States as a freshman during the 2019-2020 academic year. Applicants who are currently not seniors in high school (e.g., students who are taking a gap year or adults returning to school), but applicants who will be considered incoming freshmen are eligible to apply. Applicants should have demonstrated outstanding personal achievements, academic merit, leadership qualities and/or community service. Special consideration will be noted for applicants:
- who have parents that are United States veterans or are currently in the U.S. military;
- with a demonstrated financial need;
- with parents who did not attend college; or
- with a documented significant disability.
The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation (the “Foundation”) anticipates awarding approximately $100,000 in scholarships in 2019. The Foundation intends to set the number of actual scholarships and the amount of an individual scholarship based on a consideration of certain factors, including without limitation, the financial resources and the qualifications of the scholarship recipients.
High school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant is required to:
- Be a freshman in the 2019-2020 academic year and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted grade point average between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their GPA to a 4.0 scale before submitting an application to the Foundation.
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300 (out of 1600) or a minimum ACT score of 28. However, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2019 does not require such test scores, please so indicate in the application form. The Foundation will verify this with the school prior to any award.
- Have at least two reference letters, one of which must be from a current or former teacher in an academic subject.
- Submit an essay as further described in this application.
- Have applied to a U.S. college/university, either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon such acceptance letter is available).
- Submit to interviews in person or by phone/Skype, if requested.
Notwithstanding the foregoing criteria, the Foundation reserves the right to waive any or all qualifications for applicants who have demonstrated exceptional adverse circumstances.
The Foundation is trying to reduce the amount of paper used. Therefore, they would prefer that applicants submit an application using the form on their website: http://www.louiefamilyfoundation.org/scholarship-application
All supplemental application materials, including transcripts, standardized test scores, and tax forms, may be scanned and submitted to the Foundation. For transcripts and test scores, they will ask for official copies if you are awarded a scholarship.The Foundation will provide the scholarship funds directly to the institution where the scholarship recipient enrolls. The scholarship funds will not be paid to the applicant directly. If the scholarship recipient does not matriculate at the school or withdraws from enrollment, the Foundation will seek reimbursement for any funds paid to the school.
February 28, 2019
All winners will be notified on or before the 30th of April 2019.
For the application or more information go to:
- CelebrAsian Scholarships
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- The Live Más Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- DevTeam.Space STEM Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Italian Catholic Federation Scholarships
- Next Generation Scholarship
- PolicyPak Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Two Ten Higher Education Scholarships
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships
- My Jewelry Repair scholarship
- Youth in Foster Care Scholarship Program
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- E-waste Scholarship
- 1.800 Wheelchair.com Scholarship