The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
This scholarship is for high school seniors and students who will be attending a college or university in the United States as a freshman during the 2020-2021 academic year. Applicants who are currently not seniors in high school (e.g., students who are taking a gap year or adults returning to school), but applicants who will be considered incoming freshmen are eligible to apply. Applicants should have demonstrated outstanding personal achievements, academic merit, leadership qualities and/or community service. Special consideration will be noted for applicants:
- who have parents that are United States veterans or are currently in the U.S. military;
- with a demonstrated financial need;
- with parents who did not attend college; or
- with a documented significant disability.
The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation (the “Foundation”) anticipates awarding approximately $100,000 in scholarships in 2020. The Foundation intends to set the number of actual scholarships and the amount of an individual scholarship based on a consideration of certain factors, including without limitation, the financial resources and the qualifications of the scholarship recipients.
High school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant is required to:
- Be a freshman in the 2020-2021 academic year and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted grade point average between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their GPA to a 4.0 scale before submitting an application to the Foundation.
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300 (out of 1600) or a minimum ACT score of 28. However, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2020 does not require such test scores, please so indicate in the application form. The Foundation will verify this with the school prior to any award.
- Have at least two reference letters, one of which must be from a current or former teacher in an academic subject.
- Submit an essay as further described in this application.
- Have applied to a U.S. college/university, either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon such acceptance letter is available).
- Submit to interviews in person or by phone/Skype, if requested.
Notwithstanding the foregoing criteria, the Foundation reserves the right to waive any or all qualifications for applicants who have demonstrated exceptional adverse circumstances.
The Foundation is trying to reduce the amount of paper used. Therefore, they would prefer that applicants submit an application using the form on their website: http://www.louiefamilyfoundation.org/scholarship-application
All supplemental application materials, including transcripts, standardized test scores, and tax forms, may be scanned and submitted to the Foundation. For transcripts and test scores, they will ask for official copies if you are awarded a scholarship.The Foundation will provide the scholarship funds directly to the institution where the scholarship recipient enrolls. The scholarship funds will not be paid to the applicant directly. If the scholarship recipient does not matriculate at the school or withdraws from enrollment, the Foundation will seek reimbursement for any funds paid to the school.
March 15, 2020
All winners will be notified on or before the 30th of April 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Adobe Creative Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship