The Jackie Spellman Foundation Scholarship
The Jackie Spellman Scholarship Foundation is proud to honor Jackie’s memory by providing scholarships to deserving students whose lives have been impacted by leukemia and lymphoma. To date, our foundation has awarded 96 scholarships totaling $348,000!
Unfortunately, we cannot help everyone who applies but we are grateful to everyone who takes the time to complete an application and/or support our efforts.
The Jackie Spellman Scholarship is open to U.S. citizens who have been impacted in some way by leukemia or lymphoma, either as survivors, individuals diagnosed with leukemia or lymphoma, or individuals who have a member of his or her immediate family who have or had leukemia or lymphoma while living in the same household. Eligible students include high school seniors or those attending community college, a four-year university or graduate school.
Applicants must meet all criteria established by the application process.* Students majoring in health or nursing related majors may receive priority.
$3,000 — $10,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Graduating high school seniors, community college and four-year university, and graduate students who are leukemia or lymphoma patients and/or are children, siblings or parents of leukemia or lymphoma patients. A letter from the treating doctor must also be supplies to certify that the individual or applicant's sibling or parent has/had leukemia or lymphoma, or a Certificate of Death stating leukemia or lymphoma as the cause of death.
- Students who plan to enroll full time at a college or university.
- Students with a minimum un-weighted 3.0 GPA.
- Students who demonstrate financial need.
- Prior scholarship winners are eligible to apply.
To apply, go to: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/apply/ready/a0D1R00000aUbuKUAS
Before submitting application, you will be required to upload:
- A color photograph
- A doctors letter of diagnosis of death certificate (if applicable)
- 2020 FAFSA Form (only the Student Aid Report)
- 2019 federal tax return
- Two letters of reference
- SAT and/or ACT scores (high school applicants only)
- High school or college transcript
- Letter of Special Circumstances (if applicable)
April 15, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The Korean Ancestry Grant
- The Tobey Merrill Scholarship
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- All Ways Up Foundation Scholarship
- TLMI Scholarship Programs