The Jackie Spellman Foundation Scholarship
The Jackie Spellman Scholarship Foundation is proud to honor Jackie’s memory by providing scholarships to deserving students whose lives have been impacted by leukemia and lymphoma. To date, our foundation has awarded 96 scholarships totaling $348,000!
Unfortunately, we cannot help everyone who applies but we are grateful to everyone who takes the time to complete an application and/or support our efforts.
The Jackie Spellman Scholarship is open to U.S. citizens who have been impacted in some way by leukemia or lymphoma, either as survivors, individuals diagnosed with leukemia or lymphoma, or individuals who have a member of his or her immediate family who have or had leukemia or lymphoma while living in the same household. Eligible students include high school seniors or those attending community college, a four-year university or graduate school.
Applicants must meet all criteria established by the application process.* Students majoring in health or nursing related majors may receive priority.
$3,000 — $10,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Graduating high school seniors, community college and four-year university, and graduate students who are leukemia or lymphoma patients and/or are children, siblings or parents of leukemia or lymphoma patients. A letter from the treating doctor must also be supplies to certify that the individual or applicant's sibling or parent has/had leukemia or lymphoma, or a Certificate of Death stating leukemia or lymphoma as the cause of death.
- Students who plan to enroll full time at a college or university.
- Students with a minimum un-weighted 3.0 GPA.
- Students who demonstrate financial need.
- Prior scholarship winners are eligible to apply.
To apply, go to: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/apply/ready/a0D1R00000gaNd7UAE
Before submitting application, you will be required to upload:
- A color photograph
- A doctors letter of diagnosis of death certificate (if applicable)
- 2021 FAFSA Form (only the Student Aid Report)
- 2020 federal tax return
- Two letters of reference
- SAT and/or ACT scores (high school applicants only)
- High school or college transcript
- Letter of Special Circumstances (if applicable)
April 18, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Point Foundation The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Gucci Changemakers Scholarship Program
- Soar to College Scholarship
- Cancer for College Scholarships
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Handweavers Guild of America Scholarships
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- The San Diego Foundation Common Scholarship
- SimpleTexting College Scholarship Contest
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- The HSF Scholarship
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- Doodle for Google Contest
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships