The Gates Scholarship
The Gates Scholarship is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors. Starting in 2018, the scholarship will be awarded to 300 top student leaders each year with the intent of promoting their academic excellence through college graduation, and providing them the opportunity to reach their full potential.
To learn more watch this video.
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Additional Selection Criteria
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
To apply, students must be:
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
An ideal candidate will have:
For online application, go to: https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/sign-up
Must create an account and sign in.
September 15, 2020
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Point Foundation The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Gucci Changemakers Scholarship Program
- Soar to College Scholarship
- Cancer for College Scholarships
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Handweavers Guild of America Scholarships
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- The San Diego Foundation Common Scholarship
- SimpleTexting College Scholarship Contest
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- The HSF Scholarship
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- Doodle for Google Contest
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships