The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
Awards of Ebell scholarships are based upon scholarship, character, and financial need. The Scholarship Committee's judgment as to the eligibilty for a scholarship will be based not only upon college scholastic transcripts in the usual form, but also on an autobiographical essay and written recommendations on behalf of the candidate from persons whom he/she has been associated either before or during his/her attendance at college and an interview.
All Ebell Scholars have excellent academic records and are in financial need. The commitment they have to their communities is the way they demonstrate their good character. The definition of community is different for each student. It may be their school community, it may be their city, or it could be their family, which may require extraordinary support of one kind or another from the student. Because they consider the scholarships their gift to the community, they choose scholarship recipients who share their feeling of responsibility for the communities in which we all live.
Annual AmountCurrently, the scholarship award for 2-year schools, such as community colleges, is $3,000 per year; the award for 4-year colleges and universities is $5,000 per year, each issued in two disbursements.
Additional Selection Criteria
- United States citizenship. If a naturalized citizen, please send a copy of the official documentation
- Permanent Resident of Los Angeles County
- Full-time undergraduate attendance at an accredited Los Angeles County college or university
- Expected sophomore status or higher in that educational institution in Fall 2018 (only undergraduates qualify)
- Achievement of at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA
The Ebell/Flint Scholarship application consists of the following:
- Completed and signed online application with a personal statement
Personal Statement should tell us about:
– your immediate and long-term goals as related to your field of study;
– your community service or involvement in extra-curricular activities;
– personal challenges you have overcome AND/OR personal interest, passion or talent you have demonstrated in your life.
- Financial Resources Profile completed by you and your schools Financial Aid Officer. Download here: FRP FORM
- Student Aid Report (SAR) uploaded by you with your Financial Aid Profile.
- Three letters of recommendation from a faculty member, professional or work manager, counselor, teacher or religious leader (Letters from family members or peers will not be considered). These can be emailed or mailed to the above address.
- Official Transcripts. Transcripts must be submitted directly by the school to the Ebell of Los Angeles Scholarship Department using the address above.
TIP: Order your official transcripts and request letters of recommendations early.
Incomplete and/or late applications will NOT be reviewed. All components of the application must be submitted online or emailed by 11:59 pm PST on the scholarship deadline of Thursday, April 2, 2020.
- You may save and update your scholarship application as many times as you would like. However, once you submit the application with your electronic signature your application is final and you will not be able to make any other changes.
- You will receive a confirmation notice when you submit your final application. This notice will time stamp your application and allow you to print or save a copy of your final application submission. Please save the confirmation for your records.
- All applicants will be notified if they qualify for an interview. Please allow up to 6 weeks from the deadline date to get a response.
If at any time you have any questions regarding our online application process, please contact the Scholarship Department 323.931.1277 x184 or email@example.com.
April 2, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Adobe Creative Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship