Teresa A. Mike Foundation Scholarships
The Theresa Andrea Mike Scholarship is organized for the purpose of recognizing the talent of young adults who are interested in furthering their education; who have a dedication to themselves and the betterment of the communities in which they live. Tribal cultural enrichment in any form will play one of the major roles for Native Americans.
Scholarships awards are $500 - $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
Every student must fulfill at least one of these requirements:
— The Scholarship is open to any full-time post-secondary or graduate student with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher who also meets at least one of the following three criteria:
— Is an employee in good standing or the dependent of an employee of any entity of the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians;
— Is an enrolled member of a federally-recognized Native American Indian Tribe. (Please provide a copy of Tribal Identification or a letter from the Tribal Enrollment Office);
— Is either a current resident of or graduated from a high school in either the Coachella Valley or Morongo Basin.
Please supply the following materials in your application:
A completed application form.
Print clearly, complete all sections and sign in all required places.
A personal essay with word count describing your personal history and your long-term career goals. It is important to include why higher education is important to achieving these goals and how your extracurricular interests and community service relate to your educational and career goals. The essay must be a minimum of 1,000 words, typed, 12 pt., double-spaced including word count. Applicant’s name must be on the top left corner of all pages.
A list of honors, activities, and community service not to exceed one page.
Two letters of recommendation dated within the last six months and signed. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
Proof of acceptance/enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited institution. Acceptable documents include an acceptance letter from your school, or a print-out of your currently enrolled courses from the institutions website indicating full-time status.
Your most recent official transcript.
A copy of your FAFSA application. All pages must be included.
A professional-looking headshot photograph (4” x 6”) of yourself alone with your name printed on the back.
June 30, 2018
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Reservation Counter College Scholarship
- Helen Brett Scholarship
- Industrial Fabrics Foundation Scholarships
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- The Women's Jewelry Association Foundation Scholarships
- Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Dealhack Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Market.biz Scholarship
- Teresa A. Mike Foundation Scholarships
- Test Facts Marketing Scholarship
- Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- CoffeeForLess.com "Hit the Books" Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
- Digital Responsibility Scholarships
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship