Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship program recognizes student innovation and youth led solutions to fight hunger in America. These young people are creating awareness and mobilizing peers in their communities to be catalysts for change. The scholarship awardees comprise a wide variety of students, ages 5 to 25, who are recognized at the national and regional level and hail from across the country. A program that recognizes students who are driving awareness and mobilizing youth to be catalysts for innovative models that provides solutions to eliminate hunger in the U.S.
$5,000 and a matching grant to the hunger-related charity of choice
Students ages 5-25 enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
Additional Selection CriteriaApplicant Requirements:
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2020.
- All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
- Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
- If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Applicants and Recommenders must supply a valid e-mail address. Correspondence throughout the entire application process will be by e-mail only. If you fail to use a valid e-mail address that will accommodate bulk mail and/or attached documents, your application may not be considered.
- Application form must be complete, and all information requested must be supplied. Please print a hard copy of your application form to retain for your records (do not send a printed copy of the nomination). Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted.
- We may select up to five national scholarship recipients; however, we reserve the right to select fewer than five national winners.
- Each student selected as a national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community. If the student selected is in school, but is not yet enrolled in an institution of higher education, then in lieu of a scholarship, a contribution in the amount of $5,000 shall be made to a qualified 529 Plan established by the family of that student for the benefit of that student.
- Employees of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and Sodexo, Inc. are not eligible to receive an award, but family members who are not employees of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation or Sodexo, Inc. may apply.
- Applications must be submitted online from October 5 through Dec. 5, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PST). Do not fax, mail, or send a printed copy of the application submission. Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted.
- Multiple applications for the same applicant will not be accepted. If more than one application for an individual is received, the first application received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
- All applications will become the property of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and will not be returned.
- Winners will be notified in March 2021, and a list of all winners will be posted on www.HelpStopHunger.org in June.
- Scholarships awarded under this program may be subject to federal, state, and local tax. Individuals should consult their tax advisor.
By submitting an application, the applicant indicates that he/she understands and accepts the terms for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact Stop Hunger’s partner, International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), by email at StopHunger@applyists.com or by phone at 615 320 3149. When emailing or calling, please indicate that you are inquiring about the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships.
To apply online, please go to: http://us.stop-hunger.org/home/grants.html
They do require you to create/login to account.
By submitting an application, the applicant indicates that he/she understands and accepts the terms for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact Stop Hunger’s partner, International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), by email at StopHunger@applyists.com or by phone at 615 320 3149. When emailing or calling, please indicate that you are inquiring about the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships.PLEASE READ OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE APPLYING.
December 5, 2021
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- The Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- Worthy Women's Scholarship
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Next Day Animations Illustrating Awesomeness Scholarship
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Foot Locker Scholars Athlete Program
- Pink Rose Foundation Scholarship