Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
Winners get a $7,500 scholarship for school and a $5,000 grant to give to the hunger-related charity of their choice
Top winners will receive an all-expenses-paid-trip to be recognized at the Foundation's annual fundraising event held June 27-29 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Students ages 5-25 enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
Additional Selection CriteriaApplicant Requirements:
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2020.
- All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
- Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
- If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Applicants and Recommenders must supply a valid e-mail address. Correspondence throughout the entire application process will be by e-mail only. If you fail to use a valid e-mail address that will accommodate bulk mail and/or attached documents, your application may not be considered.
- Application form must be complete, and all information requested must be supplied. Please print a hard copy of your application form to retain for your records (do not send a printed copy of the nomination). Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted.
- We may select up to five national scholarship recipients; however, we reserve the right to select fewer than five national winners.
- Each student selected as a national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community. If the student selected is in school, but is not yet enrolled in an institution of higher education, then in lieu of a scholarship, a contribution in the amount of $5,000 shall be made to a qualified 529 Plan established by the family of that student for the benefit of that student.
- Employees of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and Sodexo, Inc. are not eligible to receive an award, but family members who are not employees of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation or Sodexo, Inc. may apply.
- Applications must be submitted online from October 5 through Dec. 5, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PST). Do not fax, mail, or send a printed copy of the application submission. Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted.
- Multiple applications for the same applicant will not be accepted. If more than one application for an individual is received, the first application received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
- All applications will become the property of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and will not be returned.
- Winners will be notified in March 2021, and a list of all winners will be posted on www.HelpStopHunger.org in June.
- Scholarships awarded under this program may be subject to federal, state, and local tax. Individuals should consult their tax advisor.
By submitting an application, the applicant indicates that he/she understands and accepts the terms for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact Stop Hunger’s partner, International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), by visiting: https://istsprogramsupport.com/
To apply online, please go to: http://us.stop-hunger.org/home/grants.html
They do require you to create/login to account.
By submitting an application, the applicant indicates that he/she understands and accepts the terms for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact Stop Hunger’s partner, International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), by visiting: https://istsprogramsupport.com/PLEASE READ OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE APPLYING.
December 5, 2022
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Blaze Your Own Trail Scholarship Program
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Pilot Pen G2 Overachievers Grant
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Digital Success Scholarship Program
- Pink Rose Foundation Scholarship
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Essay Contest
- CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship
- California Hispanic Education Endowment Fund
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship Program
- Influence Print Graphic Design Scholarship
- The Youthist Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
- Diller Tikkun Olam Awards
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- Taco Bell Live Mas Scholarship
- DECA Student Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- APIA Scholarship Program
- Mediacom World Class Scholars Scholarship
- Cancer for College Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Handweavers Guild of America Scholarships
- House Scholarship Foundation Scholarship