STDcheck.com HIV-Postive Scholarship
Through their nonprofit division, STDcheck.com offers scholarships to HIV-positive college students.
Scholarship awards vary from $250 - $5,000 and will depend on the essay, academic transcript, citizenship, and HIV-status of the student.
$250 - $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are currently enrolled or planning to enroll full time in a college or university for the following semester in the United States.
- Applicants must be HIV-positive and be willing to submit to a free-of-charge STDcheck.com HIV test as proof of HIV-positive status (Applicants in states where STDcheck does not have a testing center can submit proof via verification from a physician that applicant has HIV).
- Applicants must submit their official transcripts from previous academic years with their application (from their high school if an incoming freshman, or from college if an undergraduate or graduate student).
- Applicants must submit an essay at least 400 words in length with their application that answers the following prompts: how the applicant contracted HIV, how HIV has affected the applicant’s life, and what the applicant wishes those living without HIV knew about living with the virus.
For online application, go to: https://www.stdcheck.com/scholarship-application.phpThe STDcheck.com HIV-Positive Scholarship applications are reviewed every month and are given out on the last Monday of each quarter. The only exception is the last quarter when applicants will be notified prior to the holidays. Therefore, the applications do not have a deadline (for the current or following semester, depending upon individual institution’s financial aid deadlines).
Applicants will be notified of their scholarship application status by the end of the following months:
What Will You Do With My Essay?
All submitted essays and portions of essay submissions may be used by STDcheck.com. All names and identifying information will be kept confidential outside the Scholarship Program.
STDcheck may anonymously quote or publish portions of or entire submissions on the STDcheck.com website, social media, or other media or broadcast publications under the condition that anonymity will be kept for all scholarship applicants.
By submitting the above scholarship requirements, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions and consent to your essay submission possibly being published in whole or in part anonymously.
For questions regarding the STDcheck.com HIV-Positive Scholarship, please call our support line at 1-800-456-2323 and ask to speak with the Scholarship Department.
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The Korean Ancestry Grant
- The Tobey Merrill Scholarship
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- All Ways Up Foundation Scholarship
- TLMI Scholarship Programs