Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
We recognize the value and advantages of diverse ideas within our communities. We are committed to providing a platform to support the next generation of leaders and champions in our industry, and we are focused on growing diversity within the science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) fields.
The Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship will contribute to the creation of a critical mass of talented students that will fully represent our industry—it will provide an environment in which all can thrive academically and professionally. Through this scholarship, Stantec will award $200,000 annually. We believe everyone has a right to education, and we are committed to providing people in historically underrepresented and Black, Indigenous, people of color (BIPOC) groups with financial aid.
Here at Stantec, we value an inclusive and diverse workplace culture where we seek a broad range of perspectives and contributions to our industry—and the communities where we live and work.
The number of scholarships awarded will be based on the specific needs articulated by applicants, and the award values will be a variable range between $1,500 and $10,000. Additionally, there will be 10 paid internships (locations to be confirmed annually) available to applicants.
The Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship is part of a broader commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our organization. We know that we must increase our focus on building the future talent pipeline and find more ways to support underrepresented populations in our industry. This scholarship program is just one example of our commitment to break through barriers to have an impact.
Additional Selection Criteria
To apply for this award, you must:
• be enrolled in a college, university, or post-secondary institution in the 2021-22 academic year in pursuit of a bachelor's degree.
• pursue a STEAM major.
• "STEAM" refers to science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. For the purposes of this program, it also includes education majors planning to teach STEM.
• belong to a historically underrepresented population/group.
• This includes BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), members of the LGBTQ2+ community,
people with disabilities, veterans, first-generation college students, etc.
The application will be open from January 15, 2021 to March 15, 2021. You must create an account online to apply.
March 15, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Penguin Random House Creative Writing Awards
- DCU for Kids Annual Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program