Soroptimist-Live Your Dream Award
$1,000 - $16,000
Club level — $1,000
Region level — $5,000
International finalists — $10,000
Women who are primary financial supporter for dependents
Additional Selection Criteria
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Application ProcessFor application and reference forms, go to: https://www.soroptimist.org/our-work/live-your-dream-awards/apply-for-the-live-your-dream-awards.html#eligibility
Preparing your application
Here are a few things you can do to prepare your application:
Plan who your references will be: No need to collect letters; we provide an online reference form. Until then, think about who your two biggest cheerleaders are ... they can be mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers.
Draft your personal statement: The Live Your Dream Awards are all about helping women who have faced obstacles on the path to living their dreams. Since 1972, the award has provided tens of thousands of women with cash grants to help them achieve their educational and career goals. In 750 words or less, tell us how you think this could help you live your dream.
Mark your calendar: The Application Portal is open August 1 - November 15 each year.
November 15, 2019
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Start Standing Scholarship
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Auger and Auger Disable Scholar Award
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- The Gates Scholarship
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Eduction Scholarship
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- Adore Me Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- TFS Making Life Easier Scholarship
- Assisted Living Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Program
- Business Plan Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Soroptimist-Live Your Dream Award
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contes
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Excellence Scholarships