Rover College Scholarship
Higher education: that magical time when deadlines are tight and budgets are tighter. We'd like to help fund this education. Just write a 400-500 word essay for your chance to win $2500!
Additional Selection Criteria
To Be Eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of a associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or university enrollment.
- If you're a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you're in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 3.0 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who's a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
How to Enter:
- Answer their scholarship question in 400 - 500 words (response must be written in English).
- Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name and year in college at the top (high school seniors allowed).
- Fill out their form.
- Submit by May 1st, 2022.
In 400 - 500 words, answer the following question:
How did growing up with a pet in your life (could be a friend's or family member's) impact the person you are today?
They’re looking for essays that
incorporate unique ideas, personal stories, and thoughts about the how pets, in any form, have helped shaped who you are today.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants them full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to promote Rover or other third parties.
How to Win:
Your essay will be judged based on:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
There will be one winner, who will receive a check for $2,500.
May 1, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Don and Roy Splawn Charitable Foundation West Scholarship
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- Maestro Cares Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Graphic Design Degree Hub Creativity Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- Students with Heart Foundation Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest