Rover College Scholarship
Higher education: that magical time when deadlines are tight and budgets are tighter. Whether you’re living off of insta-coffee or insta-noodles, we get it—and we’d like to help fund your brain fuel for the coming school year. Just write a 400-500 word essay for your chance to win $2500!
Additional Selection Criteria
To Be Eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of a associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or university enrollment.
- If you're a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you're in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 3.0 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who's a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
How to Enter:
- Answer their scholarship question in 400 - 500 words (response must be written in English).
- Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name and year in college at the top (high school seniors allowed).
- Fill out their form.
- Submit by May 1st, 2020.
In 400 - 500 words, answer the following question:
How did caring for a pet growing up help shape you to be the adult you are today?
They’re looking for essays that incorporate unique ideas, personal stories, and thoughts about the how caring for a pet growing up helped make you the person you are today.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants them full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to promote Rover or other third parties.
How to Win:
Your essay will be judged based on:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
There will be one winner, who will receive a check for $2,500.
May 1, 2020
June 30, 2017
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The Korean Ancestry Grant
- The Tobey Merrill Scholarship
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- All Ways Up Foundation Scholarship
- TLMI Scholarship Programs