Ron Brown Scholar Program
The Ron Brown Scholar Program seeks to identify African-American high school seniors who will make significant contributions to society. Applicants must excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service activities and demonstrate financial need. The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card. Current college students are not eligible to apply.
$10,000 annually for four years
African-American high school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the Ron Brown Scholar Program provided you meet the following requirements:
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application. NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
Make sure you're eligible.
Before downloading the application, please read through the eligibility requirements to make sure that you are qualified to apply.
Download, print and complete the application.
Application is 333kb and requires Adobe Acrobat (plug-in). While you can print the application through your browser, we recommend downloading it first to ensure that all pages print properly. To download the application, go to: https://www.ronbrown.org/section/apply/rbsp-application and click on the download link.
Mail the completed application to the address on the form.
Please ensure all four pages of application are included and mailed together in the same packet. Transcripts and letters of recommendation should not be sent under separate cover. Incomplete, emailed, or faxed applications will not be considered.
Mail application to: Ron Brown Scholar Program
1160 Pepsi Place, Suite 206
Charlottesville, CA 22901 USA
Below is the timeline for interested applicants to plan the submission of their application to the Ron Brown Scholar Program (RBSP) as well as key dates when eligible applicants will be notified:
- August – January: Interested applicants can begin to complete and submit the RBSP scholarship application.
- November 1: Early Applicant Deadline: Interested applicants who complete their applications by November 1st will be considered for the Ron Brown Scholar Program and will be eligible to have their contact information forwarded to a select number of additional colleges and scholarship providers. Students who apply under this deadline must make the appropriate designation on their application. Applicants are still responsible for submitting materials to any colleges, universities and scholarship programs for which they are interested.
- January 9: Final postmarked deadline in order to be considered for the Ron Brown Scholar Program ONLY.
- January - March: Applications are reviewed by the Program staff.
- Mid-February: Semi-finalists are notified.
- Early March: Finalists are notified and invited to participate in a weekend selection process in Washington, D.C. at the expense of the Ron Brown Scholar Program. Finalists are interviewed by members of the RBSP National Selection Committee and are expected to participate in several activities during the weekend. Scholarship winners are selected on the basis of their application materials, interviews and participation in weekend activities.
- April 1 - Winners in the competition are notified.
For more information:
February and March
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- PFLAG National Scholarship Program
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Two Ten Higher Education Footwear Design Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
- SDRA's Jerry Wheeler Scholarship Program
- ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship
- The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Ayn Rand 'Atlas Shrugged' Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand 'The Fountainhead' Essay Contest
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship
- The Technical Generation Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
- Industrial Fabrics Foundation Scholarships