Next Generation Scholarship
1 — $25,000
4 — $10,000
Additional Selection Criteria
The Next Generation Scholarship is open to sophomore, junior and senior students enrolled full-time at a NRF University Member school when the scholarship is awarded in January 2018.
To apply, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident eligible to work in the United States.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Have had prior or current experience working in a retail job or retail internship. This could be anything from working as a bagger at a grocery store or a server/host at a restaurant to having a summer internship with a retailer.
- Be available to attend and participate in Retail’s BIG Show and Student Program in New York City, January 14-16, 2018.
The 2018 Next Generation scholarship application process consists of two phases. In the first phase, applicants are required to submit an essay, personal brand video, two letters of recommendation, resume, headshot and school transcripts. The application deadline for phase one is Sunday, September 17, at 11:59pm ET.
The top two scorers from each University Member school will receive a travel stipend to cover students’ registration and travel expenses to attend Retail’s BIG Show and Student Program in New York City. Travel stipends will be paid directly to the school. A selection committee will also select up to 25 applicants to move on to the second phase of the application process. These students are also invited to attend the NRF Foundation Gala.
In the second phase, applicants will be required to complete a company-specific project and interview with an assigned retailer. Applicants will be notified by October 12 if they have been selected to move on to this phase and will receive their assigned project. The application deadline for phase two is Wednesday, November 1, at 11:59pm ET.
A panel of retail executive judges will then select five finalists from the group of up to 25 students to receive scholarships. The NRF Foundation will announce the recipients during the NRF Foundation Gala.
November 1, 2017
For the application or more information go to:
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
- Well Being Secrets Scholarship
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Lawn Mower Hut Scholarship Program
- Addictin Resource Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Monica's Health Magazine Scholarship of Academic Excellence
- Fitness Apie Scholarship
- Travel Lovers' Scholarship
- Karman Healthcare Mobility Scholarship Program
- ScienceLogic Scholarship
- BabyHighChairCenter Internet Marketing Scholarship
- BEAUTY and WELLNESS SCHOLARSHIP
- Alcohol Addiction Awareness Essay Contest
- Market.biz Scholarship
- GoMK Computer Science Scholarship
- Next Generation Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Hair Critics Scholarship
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- Outdoor Hobbyist Scholarship Program
- Pick My Baby Care Awarding Scholarship
- The PowerScout Smart Energy Home Scholarship Award
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- Dogbabe 2017 Scholarship Contest
- Adore Me Scholarships
- Arts and Culture Scholarship Program 2017
- TicketCity Annual College Scholarship Program