The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program is intended to assist and encourage outstanding undergraduate Latino students attending a U.S. post-secondary institution with an interest in the media and entertainment industry. The Program awards ten (10) $5,000 national scholarships to qualified rising sophomores and juniors and is sponsored by NBCUniversal and administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC).
The scholarship award of $5,000 will be divided into two equal disbursements of $2,500 made in the fall and spring. Scholarships are non-renewable. Recipients are required to enroll as a full-time student and maintain a cumulative college grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent to be eligible for the second scholarship disbursement.
After completion of the fall semester, recipients must submit a copy of their grade report and enrollment verification for the spring semester to the national office in order to receive the spring check disbursement. Scholarship awards are sent directly to the recipient’s college or university and deposited in the recipient’s name. The funds will be allocated toward the payment of tuition and academic fees, and the purchase of required educational materials and books. The school is the custodian of the funds and will disburse the award consistent with the purpose of this program.
The scholarship award of $5,000 will be divided into two equal disbursements of $2,500 made in the fall and spring.
Additional Selection Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
Must be a college sophomore or junior enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
Must have an interest in the media and entertainment industry; all majors are welcome.
Applicants must submit the following by the deadline of July 24
Completed online application, including submission of the following:
College transcript with proof of cumulative grade point average
Three letters of recommendation, including a complete telephone number and email address for each reference
July 24, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- AKA-EAF Scholarshps
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- Joshua Gomes Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Teresa A. Mike Foundation Scholarships
- The Chelsy Tomashoff Memorial Scholarship
- The Sure Oak Be Awesome Scholarship
- Uncommon Goods Scholarship
- Hair Loss Scholarship
- WWF Conservation Leadership Award
- CareerEnjoyment.com Scholarship
- Dolphin Galleries Scholarship
- NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship
- Personal Achievement College Scholarship
- Majux Marketing Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship Program
- Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Graphic Design Degree Hub Creativity Scholarship