Love Your Career Scholarship
Make plans now to love your career. Scott Jones, founder of JonesTshirts.com is a firm believer in the importance of loving your career. It affects every aspect of your life. Your family can see a difference when they know that you don't dread going into work everyday. You're happier and those around you are happier. It's important to start thinking about this concept early, especially while in college.
Scott started in the T-shirt business while in high school. His brother taught him how to make tie-dye shirts and together they would take their goods to sell at Grateful Dead concerts in Las Vegas and California. 24 years later, JonesTshirts.com is a leading wholesale provider of blank T-shirts and apparel. Scott stuck with his passion of T-shirts and has made a full time career out of it. We want to hear about your passions and goals for the future! We want to know that there are others out there who share the goal of living the dream of loving what they do.
Additional Selection Criteria
Who Can Apply?
Any student who will be enrolled in a college or University at the time of the next deadline (see dates below). This scholarship is limited to students attending school in the 50 U.S. states.
This is an ongoing twice a year scholarship. These will be the dates for every year moving forward:
Winter/January Semester: January 10
Fall/September Semester: September 10
Please follow the essay and the submission requirements EXACTLY as outlined below to qualify for review. (Essays that ignore these requirements will be disqualified)
1) 1000 words or more.
2) At the top of your essay, write your full name, phone number, email address and the name of the school you will be attending.
3) Outline at least 3 steps that you plan to take in the next year to start a path towards having a career that you love. As you think of these steps, consider some of these ideas; What are your passions that could be turned into a career? What are some ideas you have for a business based on things that you love and are skilled at? We want to hear unique, well thought out ideas. Make us believers. Make us excited. Make your essay stand out!
4) Interview a professional in the field that you are looking into and that has at least 3 years of experience in that field.
Ask them at least 3 of the following questions and include the questions and answers as part of your essay.
What initially inspired you to pursue the industry that you are currently in?
What would be one important piece of advice for someone like me who is considering going into the field that you are in?
What was the biggest hurdle that you encountered when you were first getting started in this field and how did you overcome it?
What are some of the college courses that you took that had a lasting impact on your career?
What are some aspects about your career that you didn't know about or consider when you were starting out?
What are some things I should be spending my time doing now outside of school to help prepare me for a career in this field?
1) Essay must be in PDF format. No exceptions.
2) The file name of your PDF file must be your full name and the name of your school. For Example: Scott-Jones-BYU.pdf
3) Email your PDF file as well as a scanned copy of proof of enrollment to email@example.com. Please send as TWO separate attachments. Submissions with only 1 attachment will not be reviewed.
4) Copy and paste the following into your Subject line: WINTER/JANUARY 2022 SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION OR FALL/SEPTEMBER 2022 SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION
5) In the body of your email, please include your full name, phone number and the name of the school you are enrolled in.
Please follow the above steps carefully in order for you essay to be considered.
The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by email or phone within 2 to 4 weeks of the deadline.
January 10, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- The Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- Worthy Women's Scholarship
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Next Day Animations Illustrating Awesomeness Scholarship
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Foot Locker Scholars Athlete Program
- Pink Rose Foundation Scholarship