Korean American Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
KASF scholarships (which range from $500 to $5,000) are offered to the qualified Korean American students (including foreign students from Korea). All applicants must be enrolled in a full time program in the U.S during the scholarship application year. If extra funds are available, other students (non Koreans) may qualify for scholarships. Specifically, descendants of American veterans served during the Korean War may qualify for scholarships (applicable to selective regions).
To apply for KASF scholarships, it is very important to follow the specific requirements and instructions of the region where the applicant’s school is/will be located during the scholarship application year as the type and amount of available scholarships may differ from region to region.
Note: You can only apply to the region where your school is located.
Additional Selection CriteriaFor Western Regional Chapter:
Qualifications for Scholarship Eligibility
- Will be a full time student at a school in one of the designated Western region states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington) during the 2019–2020 school year.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Can demonstrate need for financial assistance.
- Must be of Korean heritage (i.e., have a Korean parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent, or be adopted from Korea). The Western region is not currently offering scholarships to non-Korean descendants of Korean War veterans.”
Your category depends on what your status will be during the 2020-2021 school year, as follows:
High School Seniors with plans to attend college in 2020-2021 school year
The chosen college must be within the Western region. You must include a copy of your acceptance letter.
College Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors
The school you are attending must be within the Western region.
You must be planning to attend a graduate or professional school in the Western region during the 2019–2020 school year. You must submit a letter of acceptance from the graduate or professional school.
You must be continuing your studies in the 2019–2020 school year at a school within the Western region.
Current non-students are eligible if they can provide documentation (acceptance letters, signed commitment letters, or other documents showing commitment to attend) indicating they will be a full time student in one of the above categories in the 2020-2021 school year.
Students who reside, or will reside, in the US during the 2020-2021 school year, whether US citizens or foreign nationals, are all welcome to apply.
FOR OTHER REGIONS, GO TO: https://www.kasf.org/apply/]
Application ProcessFor Western Region Chapter:
For application, go to: http://www.kasf.org/apply-wrc/ and follow directions accordingly.
All categories of scholarships may not be available in your region.
For all other regional chapter applications, go to: https://www.kasf.org/apply/
PLEASE NOTE THAT OTHER REGIONS MAY HAVE DIFFERENT DUE DATES.
June 30, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- AKA-EAF Scholarshps
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- The Lep Foundation Scholarships
- 1.800 Wheelchair.com Scholarship
- Bomme Studio Fashion Scholarship
- A Voice for Animals Contest
- Azazie Scholarship
- College is Power Scholarship
- Custom Creatives Digital Marketing Scholarship Program
- Defensive Driving Scholarship
- Elastic Band Co. Scholarship
- First Responders Children's Foundation Scholarships
- Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship
- ASIFA Hollywoods Animation Educators Forum Scholarship
- Digital Marketing Scholarship
- HelpTeaching.com Scholarship
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Autism Can Do Scholarship
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship