Joy Kingston Foundation Scholarship
The Joy Kingston Foundation helps talented young men and women blaze the trail of design by providing them with the inspiration and assistance to achieve their goals in the Fine Arts. The Foundation’s mission is to provide scholarship opportunities to promising individuals who wish to pursue careers within the design industry. The Foundation scholarships are intended to promote and foster the elements of the Fine Arts encompassed by and utilized within the design profession.
Joy Kingston was passionate about design in all forms. As a fashion designer, every element of her life involved her quest for fine design. Whether it was fashion design, interior design, or even products she purchased such as jewelry or automobiles, Joy could articulate her keen sense of style and imprint it upon everything she touched.
It is with this intent that the Joy Kingston Foundation was created. The Foundation will perpetuate Joy's legacy in fine design. Our goal is to assist in cultivating the next generation of designers in reaching their full potential within the career paths of design.
Up to $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- This scholarship is for student who are enrolling or currently enrolled in a two year or four year degree program at an accredited college or university with a major focus on arts and design.
- The Joy Kingston Scholarship Award is presented on a yearly basis, and each applicant must apply during each period to be considered for the award.
- Any given award will be earned for one academic year. Winning an award in a previous year is not a guarantee that the student will win the award in the following academic year.
- Students may apply for each academic year in which they are eligible.
- The funding level per semester will depend on the number of credits taken.
- Must be taking at least 12 or more credits: Up to $5,000 per semester to complete courses required for a fine arts degree. This level of funding is for students who are enrolled as full time students taking a minimum course load of 12 credits with at least two core fine arts courses each semester.
- Each semester the student will be required to attain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Student must not be on academic probation for any cause.
- Students will be required to submit college letters and transcripts verifying grades and attendance at the end of each semester and/or school year in order for monies to be released for the upcoming semester. Summer school attendance constitutes one semester.
Application Requirements: Must be submitted with application form.
- Student application form including essays.
- Official high school and/or college or technical training transcripts; high school transcripts not required for high school graduates prior to 1990.
- If you are a currently enrolled college student enclose a completed/signed degree plan from a college advisor.
- Three letters of recommendation to include contact phone numbers. Letters should reflect evidence of good interpersonal and team skills.
- Letters should include two from previous employers and/or teachers.
- One letter from a character reference.
For online application or printable application, please go to: http://thekingstonfoundation.org/resources/scholarship/
No deadline date was given.
Information not given.
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Dealhack Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Market.biz Scholarship
- Teresa A. Mike Foundation Scholarships
- Test Facts Marketing Scholarship
- Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- CoffeeForLess.com "Hit the Books" Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
- Next Generation Scholarship
- Digital Responsibility Scholarships
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- PFLAG Chapter Scholarship Programs
- The Live Más Scholarship