Italian Catholic Federation Scholarships
Since 1964, the Italian Catholic Federation has awarded over $2,000,000.00 in scholarships to more than 6,000 high school students, of the Catholic faith, attending college. Each spring, the Italian Catholic Federation receives nearly 400 applications for its yearly scholarship awards. Applications are received from students in public as well as Catholic high schools in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Illinois.
First year scholarships in the amount of $400 will be awarded to approximately 200 applicants. First year scholarship winners are eligible for second, third, and fourth year awards of $500, $600, and $1,000 respectively.
In addition, the Mario Cugia Scholarship has been established to encourage and support majors in Italian studies. The program offers two scholarships: (1) a $600 award to a 3rd year university student declaring a major in Italian, and (2) a $1,000 award to a 4th year university student continuing his or her studies in Italian.
Additional Selection Criteria
One of the many programs of the Federation is to offer college scholarships to further the education of students who achieve a total cumulative GPA (3 ½ years) of at least 3.2 and meet all of the requirements in either #1 or #2: 1) Are Roman Catholic and of Italian Descent and live within the Roman Catholic Dioceses of Arizona, California, Illinois and Nevada, only where Branches of the Federation are established. or 2) if either Roman Catholic parent, guardian or grandparent is a member of the Italian Catholic Federation, the student must be Roman Catholic but need not be of Italian Descent or live where Branches of the Federation are established-membership of a Roman Catholic parent, guardian or grandparent is mandatory for #2.
First Year Scholarship Application 2019
The Federation will award scholarships to high school graduates payable to them upon proof of full-time enrollment, in the first Fall Term following their High School graduation, in an accredited university, college, junior college or technical school. Each year the number of the scholarships awarded is based upon the donations made by the membership of the Federation specifically to the I.C.F. Scholarship Fund. Also, recipients of an I.C.F. First Year Scholarship will automatically become eligible to receive an advanced scholarship application upon completing their 1st, 2nd and 3rd year of college consecutively. 2nd year scholarships are $500.00, 3rd year scholarships are $600.00 and 4th year scholarships are $1,000.00. Applications are reviewed and judged by the scholarship committee for the selection of scholarship winners. A total cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 must be achieved by the students. Applications for the advanced scholarships will be mailed directly to the first year recipient’s last known home address in June of each year. (A maximum total of $2,500.00 if all 4 years are awarded.) If you do not receive an advanced scholarship application by June 15th, please call the I.C.F. Office and let us know so another one can be sent.
The Mario Cugia Italian Studies Scholarship Program
In 1998, to honor Mario Cugia, Past President and Life Member of the Italian Catholic Federation Central Council, an Italian Studies Scholarship Program was created. Supplementing the Federation's Scholarship Program for lower division students, the Mario Cugia Scholarship has been established to encourage and support majors in Italian studies.
The program offers two scholarships:
(1) a $600 award to a 3rd year university student declaring a major in Italian, and (2) a $1,000 award to a 4th year university student continuing his or her studies in Italian.
Applicants must be of the Roman Catholic Faith, of Italian descent or - if non Italian – children or grandchildren of current members of the Italian Catholic Federation and must have declared a major in Italian Language, Literature, History, Art or other aspect of Italian culture.
Applicants will be evaluated on (1) Scholastic Achievement, (2) Financial Need, (3) Leadership Role, (4) Faculty Recommendation/Character reference, (5) Extracurricular Activities and Charitable Efforts and (6) Family Membership/Activities in the I.C.F. (if applicable).
First Year Scholarship Application 2019
Applications must be complete and include the following:
The applicant’s completed packet should be mailed to the I.C.F. Central Council Office at the address listed above, marked to the attention of the Scholarship Committee, and must be received not later than March 15, 2019. All applications become the property of the I.C.F. Scholarship Committee and all information submitted remains CONFIDENTIAL. First Year Scholarship recipients will be notified during the month of May of the current year.
1.A complete transcript of the applicant’s high school scholastic record. (Gr. 9 to 1st qtr. or sem. of Gr. 12.)
2. A personal letter of your complete assessment explaining the applicant’s Italian origin, (or I.C.F. membership affiliation of their non-Italian Roman Catholic parents, guardians or grandparents), plus why the applicant’s Roman Catholic Faith is important to him or her and the applicant’s plans for the future.
Cugia Italian Studies Scholarship Program
Applicants must complete and include the following:
1. A complete transcript of the student's scholastic record.
2. A letter of recommendation from a qualified teacher, administrator or counselor which also attests to the applicant's GPA and Class Rank.
3. A personal letter of approximately 150 words explaining the applicant's Italian origin (or I.C.F. affiliation of their non-Italian Roman Catholic parents, guardians or grandparents), why the applicant’s Catholic Faith is important to them and describing the applicant’s plans for the future.
The student’s completed application packet must be mailed to the Italian Catholic Federation at the address below, marked to the attention of the Scholarship Committee, by August 1st. Applications become the property of the I.C.F. All information submitted remains strictly confidential. Scholarship winners will be notified by September 1st .
Application Deadline March 15th, 2019
For scholarship application forms, please go to: http://www.icf.org/scholarships.html
March 15, 2019
May and September 2016
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship
- McDonalds HACER National Scholarship Program
- DAR American Indian Scholarships
- DAR General and Specific Scholarships
- DAR Medical and Nursing Scholarships
- DAR Political Science, History, Government and Economics Scholarships
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- The Live Más Scholarship
- DevTeam.Space STEM Scholarships
- Italian Catholic Federation Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- Two Ten Higher Education Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- My Jewelry Repair scholarship
- Youth in Foster Care Scholarship Program
- E-waste Scholarship
- 1.800 Wheelchair.com Scholarship
- American Indian College Fund Scholarships