IETF College Scholarship
Students of all ages who have been diagnosed with essential tremor (ET) are encouraged to apply for an IETF College Scholarship. Each semester the IETF will provide four qualified students with a $1,000 scholarship to help lessen the burden of attaining higher education. Scholarships may be used to cover the cost of supplies, books, student fees or tuition at a licensed, accredited educational institution or trade school. Funds are paid directly to the school.
The IETF Scholarship Committee, made up of members of the IETF Board of Directors, will review each application. Students will be judged based on their academic achievement, leadership skills and/or community service, as well as a submitted essay.
Students awarded an IETF Scholarship will have their essays and photographs published in Tremor Talk magazine, Tremor Talk blog, and in other related IETF publications. A press release will also be submitted to the student’s local media, to help raise awareness of essential tremor and gain needed support within the student’s hometown.
All students with essential tremor – regardless of age, vocational goals or physical location in the world – are encouraged to apply. The IETF does not discriminate based on age, race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
4 — $1,000
Additional Selection Criteria
• High school or GED graduate of any age attending a licensed, accredited institution of higher learning
• Applicant has been diagnosed with ET
• Academic success (at least a 2.5 Unweighted Cumulative GPA)
• Community service and/or Leadership skills • Essay submission, limited to 500 words, answering the question: “How has ET affected my life?” If you were previously awarded an IETF scholarship
Complete an Application at: https://essentialtremor.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Scholarship-Application-070621.pdf
Submit all scholarship application materials electronically as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail documents to IETF, Attn: Patrick McCartney, PO Box 14005, Lenexa, KS 66285 according to the following schedule:
• All application materials MUST be submitted together for consideration.
• Applications missing materials will be ineligible.
Spring Semester – Applicant deadline is October 31 with award announcement December 15.
October 31, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Don and Roy Splawn Charitable Foundation West Scholarship
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- Maestro Cares Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Graphic Design Degree Hub Creativity Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- Students with Heart Foundation Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest