GAPA Foundation Scholarships
The purpose of the GAPA Foundation Scholarship is to celebrate and reward outstanding scholar activists who are making a positive impact on the API and LGBTQ communities. High school seniors, undergraduate, graduate, and trade/vocational school students are encouraged to apply.
The GAPA Foundation Scholarship will range from $1000–$5000, and several scholarships may be awarded in a calendar year. In addition, one outstanding applicant will be awarded the Donald Masuda Memorial Scholarship
(co-funded by the Lacuna Giving Circle).
$1,000 — $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
What are the minimum eligibility requirements for this scholarship?
You must be attending in a post-secondary institution in the United States in the fall of 2019. They invite high school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate students to apply. The application is open to students who attend community college, university, and trade/vocational school. Applicants should have a strong history of activism within the API and/or LGBTQ communities; however, applicants do not need to identify as either to apply.
For application, go to: https://gapafoundation.org/scholarships and click on the Apply Now link/button.
*As part of the application process, several documents are attached to
the application. Google Forms requires the use of a Google Account to
use this feature.
Eligible candidates must complete an application form by answering short response questions, one essay prompt. They must also provide the following supporting documentation:
Current/most recent academic transcript(s)
One letter of recommendation from a teacher, school administrator, counselor, employer, or community leader highlighting your community activism and leadership skills.
Applications are due on June 30, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM PDT. Late applications will be not considered.Where do I go if I have more questions?
Please check to see if your question(s) has been answered on this FAQ. We will do our best to keep this page updated with any new information.
If you have any remaining questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 30, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Montem Health and Wellness Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships
- My Jewelry Repair scholarship
- Youth in Foster Care Scholarship Program
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- E-waste Scholarship
- 1.800 Wheelchair.com Scholarship
- ASIFA Hollywoods Animation Educators Forum Scholarship
- Federal Resources Warrior's Legacy Scholarship
- The Lep Foundation Scholarships
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Alliance for Women in Media Foundation Scholarships
- Angels Wings Thai Scholarship
- Soozie Courter Hemophilia Scholarship Program
- Together We Rise Family Fellowship Scholarship
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- All-Star College Scholarship
- American Indian College Fund Scholarships