Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
The Friends of Scott Foundation (Friends to Children With Cancer) offers a scholarship each year to cancer patients currently on treatment or to survivors. Education was important to Scott. It was his dream to attend the University of Notre Dame. In his memory FOS offers a scholarship program for individuals who have been diagnosed with childhood cancer. They realize the importance of continuing education and know that pursuing this goal is difficult when given a life-threatening diagnosis.
Their scholarship program is designed to provide funding to survivors who want to continue their education through technical school, vocational school, junior college, or a four-year college or university. For more information on how to apply for the FOS scholarship, please send an e-mail to Barbara Bailey.
Additional Selection Criteria
- California Residents Only
- Applicant must be a cancer survivor or currently receiving treatment.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school.
- Applicant must submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A signed statement from applicant’s attending physician, verifying applicant’s medical history. (Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed for application consideration.)
- The applicant must submit a 500 word essay describing, “How has my experience with cancer impacted my life?”
- The applicant must complete the scholarship application including a signature. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a release form stating their photos and success stories can appear on the Friends of Scott website.
- Complete, sign and date application
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from attending physician
- 500 word essay
- Photo to be used in Friends of Scott Publications if you are chosen as the 2019 recipient.
Application packet must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2019. Only include items requested. Do not staple your documents.
Please mail your application to:
Friends of Scott Foundation
Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Fund
6977 Navajo Rd #168
San Diego, CA 92119
August 31, 2019
October 1st, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Montem Health and Wellness Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- Connie Priscilla Scholarship Fund
- Personal Achievement College Scholarship
- Majux Marketing Scholarship
- $2,000 Minecraft Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Auger and Auger Disable Scholar Award
- Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Berbay Scholarship Program
- Factor Support Network Scholarships
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- Sleep Junkie's Student Sleep Health Awareness Award
- Boomer Benefits Scholarship
- Montana Silversmiths Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- International Vectorworks Design Scholarship
- Grasshopper Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Express VPN Future of Privacy Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program