Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
The Friends of Scott Foundation (Friends to Children With Cancer) offers a scholarship each year to cancer patients currently on treatment or to survivors. Education was important to Scott. It was his dream to attend the University of Notre Dame. In his memory FSF offers a scholarship program for individuals who have been diagnosed with childhood cancer. They realize the importance of continuing education and know that pursuing this goal is difficult when given a life-threatening diagnosis.
Their scholarship program is designed to provide funding to survivors who want to continue their education through technical school, vocational school, junior college, or a four-year college or university. For more information on how to apply for the FSF scholarship, please send an e-mail to Barbara Bailey.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Applicant must be a cancer survivor or currently receiving treatment.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school.
- Applicant must submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A signed statement from applicant’s attending physician, verifying applicant’s medical history. (Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed for application consideration.)
- The applicant must submit a 500 word essay describing, “How has my experience with cancer impacted my life?”
- The applicant must complete the scholarship application including a signature. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a release form stating their photos and success stories can appear on the Friends of Scott website.
- Complete, sign and date application
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from attending physician
- 500 word essay
- Photo to be used in Friends of Scott Publications if you are chosen as the 2018 recipient.
Application packet must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2018. Only include items requested. Do not staple your documents.
August 31, 2018
October 1st, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contes
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Berbay Scholarship Program
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- Montana Silversmiths Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- CoffeeForLess.com "Hit the Books" Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
- Karman Healthcare Mobility Scholarship Program
- Next Generation Scholarship
- We the Future Contest
- Digital Responsibility Scholarships
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- The Marcena Lozano Donate Life Scholarship Fund
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship