Equitable Excellence Scholarship
The 2023 scholarship is now OPEN! The application period is October 18 – December 16. Moving forward, Equitable Foundation has a renewed focus to recognize students who show potential by demonstrating the qualities of leadership, determination and resilience as critical enablers of their future success.
Equitable Excellence is the flagship program of Equitable Foundation, the company’s charitable-giving arm.
In alignment with Equitable’s own mission of helping people achieve financial security so that they can face the future with confidence, the Equitable Excellence Scholarship places an emphasis on empowering students’ future plans so that they can continue to have positive impacts in their community.
To support students throughout their academic journeys, Equitable will provide 100 $5,000 annual scholarships that will be renewed to award recipients each academic year for four years, for a total of $20,000 per recipient. The company will also award 100 one-time $2,500 scholarships that can help students to underwrite immediate costs associated with higher education such as tuition, books or room and board.
The high school of every recipient, regardless of the scholarship amount, will receive a $500 grant.
To make an even bigger impact directly to educators, we ask each recipient to identify a public school* teacher who made a significant difference in his or her academic journey. To express our gratitude, Equitable will provide a $500 DonorsChoose gift card to each educator.
*Please note, private schools are ineligible to participate in DonorsChoose funded projects. If you teach at a public school, public charter school, or Head Start center in the U.S. you can start fundraising now.
In addition to providing monetary scholarships, Equitable plans to offer award recipients with development opportunities and engagement programs to support their onboarding into their first year of college. This will include mentoring, networking and professional skill-building programs with Equitable’s own workforce and executive leadership teams.
When the application opens graduating high school seniors can apply by submitting an essay describing how they exhibit courage in pursuing what’s possible, display strength in managing challenges and share wisdom with others.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is supported through new strategic partnerships between Equitable and Scholarship America, CommonApp and the National College Attainment Network (NCAN) to assist students who apply for the scholarship and are seeking resources to support the college application process.
100 — $5,000
100 — $2,500
Additional Selection Criteria
We’re committed to students who show potential. Those with the courage to pursue what’s possible; display strength in managing challenges; share wisdom with others. The Equitable Excellence Award is our promise to those individuals dedicated to achieving their dreams.
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be a United States citizen or legal resident living or claiming residency in one of the 50 U.S. states, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico.
- Be willing to provide a release to publicize their identities and information about their achievements along with photographs for use in Program promotion/information.
Application ProcessTo learn more and apply, visit
December 16, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Blaze Your Own Trail Scholarship Program
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Pilot Pen G2 Overachievers Grant
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Digital Success Scholarship Program
- Pink Rose Foundation Scholarship
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Essay Contest
- CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship
- California Hispanic Education Endowment Fund
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship Program
- Influence Print Graphic Design Scholarship
- The Youthist Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
- Diller Tikkun Olam Awards
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- Taco Bell Live Mas Scholarship
- DECA Student Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- APIA Scholarship Program
- Mediacom World Class Scholars Scholarship
- Cancer for College Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Handweavers Guild of America Scholarships
- House Scholarship Foundation Scholarship