Dyslexia/ Auditory Processing Disorder Scholarship
For eight straight years, Gemm Learning has provided an undergraduate scholarship to students with dyslexia and/or auditory processing disorder, attending college/university in the US/Canada.
It takes persistence and character to overcome the challenges presented by dyslexia and/or auditory processing disorder and get into college. And so, the Gemm Leaning "Dyslexia/ APD" scholarship rewards that persistence. They have been providing a $1,000 scholarship since 2013.
The application process in simple. Send them your story in the form of an essay on the topic "Living with Dyslexia" or "Living with Auditory Processing Disorder". Your essay should be educational and/or inspirational, giving us all a unique insight into what it's like to live with a learning struggle.
In addition to the $1,000 scholarship, the winning student's essay will be featured on Gemm Learning's blog.
Additional Selection Criteria
Be an undergraduate student with dyslexia and/or auditory processing disorder, attending college/university in the US/Canada.
There is no formal application to complete. Simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your 500-650 word essay on "Living with Dyslexia" or "Living with Auditory Processing Disorder" (in Word or PDF format)
- Proof of college enrollment. Please note: students deferring are not eligible. Acceptable proof of enrollment: You may present a dated class schedule or Student ID, receipt for tuition payment, or a formal letter from your school stating that you are enrolled for the fall semester. The full name of your University or College must be visible. An acceptance letter is not proof of enrollment.
- By submitting an essay and proof of enrollment, you give Gemm Learning permission to publish your essay and your full name on their website and/or blog.
- Essays submitted without a name on them will not be considered.
October 31, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- IETF College Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest
- The Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- Golden Door Scholarship
- Dyslexia/ Auditory Processing Disorder Scholarship
- TFS Making Life Easier Scholarship
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Future Designer Scholarship
- Good Tidings Foundation Scholarship
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation Scholarship
- Soroptimist-Live Your Dream Award
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Brown Bag Marketing Scholarship Video Contest
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Pilot Pen G2 Overachievers Grant
- Digital Success Scholarship Program
- CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship Program
- Influence Print Graphic Design Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship