Dutchcrafters Heritage Scholarship
The DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship was founded in 2011 as a way to give back to the community by offering education assistance to three outstanding students. This scholarship recognizes undergraduate students who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their future employers, and serve their communities.
The DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship was founded in 2011 as a way to give back to the community by offering education assistance to two outstanding students. This scholarship recognizes undergraduate students who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their future employers, and serve their communities.
For the 2020-2021 school year, DutchCrafters Amish Furniture will be awarding two outstanding students $500 each to further their educational goals.
In 2003, many people had a hard time imagining the words "Amish" and "Internet" as compatible. Yet when DutchCrafters founder Jim Miller was looking for products to sell on an e-commerce platform that year, he found them within his own Amish and Mennonite heritage. Amish made furniture represented integrity, authenticity and long-lasting value – precisely the alternative to cheap imported products that were flooding the Internet at that time. By offering a high level of customer service that matched the quality of the products, Miller was able to differentiate his brand through looking within his own heritage. Old and new were therefore brought together – heritage served as a context for innovation.
Whether you are in nursing, education, business or engineering, the DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship recognizes that the potential for creative value often lies within that which has been passed along to you from previous generations.
How will you draw upon your cultural heritage to shape your vocational aspirations, offer creative value to your future employer, and serve your community?
3 - $500
Full-time college students
Additional Selection Criteria
Students that are eligible for the DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Scholarship must meet the subsequent conditions below.
1) Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution located in the United States of America.
2) Be a U.S. citizen or maintain legal residency within the United States.
3) Have achieved a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4) Must have applied for federal financial aid (FAFSA).
5) Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of JMX Brands, the company that owns DutchCrafters.
Students from all disciplines and fields of study are invited to apply. Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
1) Academic achievement and financial need
2) GPA of 3.0 or higher
3) The essay component of the application
The application consists of three parts:
Part 1) Application
Part 2) Statement of Financial Need
Part 3) 750 Word Essay
Essays are expected to be written in a formal paragraph form. Spelling and grammar will be considered in selecting the top essays. Style and creativity will also be taken into account.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Furthermore, DutchCrafters will not assume the responsibility of notifying applicants that their application is incomplete. DutchCrafters will not confirm or verify individual submission queries.
For scholarship related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the scholarship application forms and mail to:
DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship
3709 N. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota, Florida 34234
Applications must be mailed and may not be faxed or emailed.
May 2, 2020
July 13, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The Korean Ancestry Grant
- The Tobey Merrill Scholarship
- Toby Merrill Scholarship
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- All Ways Up Foundation Scholarship
- TLMI Scholarship Programs