Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
Diabetes scholars offer general scholarships open to high school seniors headed to college/university in 2019 living with Type 1 diabetes. They also offer a set of scholarships with unique parameters like prospective major, geographic location, or excellence in athletics or the arts.
There is one application to be considered for any and all of the scholarships – all students who fill out the application will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- Dexcom Scholarships – ten $1,000 scholarships for STEM Majors
- Omnipod® System Dash to College Scholarships – five $5,000 scholarships for students with T1D provided by Insulet Corporation
- The JDRF Medical/Research Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Healthcare
- The JDRF Advocacy Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Political Science
- The JDRF Outreach Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Mental Health (Psychology/Social Work)
- The JDRF Rising Star Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to an incoming freshmen with T1D
- Bambi Northwood Blyth Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship for a young woman with Type 1 diabetes
- Family of Bradley Gendron Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Colorado
- Family of Josh Smith Scholarship – $1,000 for a resident of Ohio
- Family of Nicky Randazzo Scholarship – $1,000 for a Business Major
- Type 1 for 70 years Scholarships – five $5,000 scholarships for students living with T1D
- Brzozowski Family Veterinary Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship open to students who are currently sophomores or juniors in Veterinary School. *note separate application for this scholarship, here.
- Henry Jensen Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a Social Justice or Advocacy student living with T1D
- Oldenburg Family Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a student attending a school in Georgia
- Dallas-Plangetis Scholarships – one $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Anne Arundel County, Maryland and one $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Washtenaw County, Michigan.
- Beyond Type 1 Scholarships – ten $1,000 scholarships for students living with Type 1 diabetes
High school seniors
Additional Selection Criteria
- High School Seniors with Type 1 diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Recipients are selected based on activities, grades, volunteering, advocacy, leadership, essays and recommendations from both a physician/CDE treating them as well as from a high school teacher/counselor.
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation scholarships are not based on financial need.
- The application is an online application and requires both recommendations to be completed online. The applicants will not be able to submit their application unless both recommendations have been completed and returned.
- There is one application and students will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- The scholarship is a very competitive scholarship and is intended for the student to complete and not the parent.
- Applicants are due by midnight (CST) on April 15, 2019.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION NOW OPEN (OPEN TO HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS): Apply Here
Brzozowski Family Veterinary Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship open to students who are currently sophomores or juniors in Veterinary School. *note separate application for this scholarship, here.
April 15, 2019
June 1, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- CelebrAsian Scholarships
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Next Generation Scholarship
- PolicyPak Scholarship
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- JVS Scholarship Program
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Incight Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- Two Ten Higher Education Scholarships
- TLMI Scholarship Programs
- Verplank Foundation Scholarships
- Wealth by Health Steps for Change Foundation Scholarships
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships