Child of an American Veteran Scholarship
The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards an annual $1,500 scholarship to the child of a veteran of the U.S. armed forces.
1 — $1,500
Additional Selection Criteria
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Application for this scholarship is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
- The legal child (natural or adoptive) of a veteran of any branch of U.S. military service (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard) who is either a:
- S. high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0.or
- S. student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Any student who meets the above criteria to apply for the 2018 Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Child of an American Veteran Scholarship. To apply, click the link below and submit the following information.
- Completed scholarship application. Fill out the form on this page.
- Proof of parent’s veteran status. If submitting a document with any sensitive information (e.g., SSN), please submit a redacted copy. The following serve as proof of veteran status:
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript.
- If currently enrolled in college, submit a transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- It not currently enrolled in college, submit a current high school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of the college/university acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 500-word essay. Please answer one of the following prompts:
- How did growing up in a military family inspire your education and career aspirations
- What advice would you give to a younger child growing up in a military family?
- What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help veterans and their families?
Applications must comply with all instructions as well as the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The deadline to submit your application for the 2019 Child of an American Veteran Scholarship is December 15, 2018.
The scholarship committee will review complete applications and notify the winner via e-mail or phone in early spring 2019.
December 15, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contes
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- NCLD Scholarships
- GEICO Pathway to Completion Master’s Degree Scholarship
- Guistwhite Scholarship Program
- Hites Transfer Scholarship
- Hero Scholarship Program
- INKAS “Rising Star” Scholarship
- The Marcena Lozano Donate Life Scholarship Fund
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- Hair Loss In Women Scholarship
- The Fourth Annual Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contest
- Child of an American Veteran Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- Law School Scholarship for Veterans
- Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship
- PFLAG Chapter Scholarship Programs