Cecelia Siemen Scholarship
The South Yarmouth Library Association offers the Cecelia Siemen Scholarship in the Visual Arts annually. The $3000 award is aimed at advancing the study and knowledge of someone who is likely to make future contributions in the visual arts. To be eligible applicants must have completed one academic year at a college or art institute by the end of the school year in which the scholarship is offered.
Applications are made available in January of each year from the South Yarmouth Library or from the website. Applications include the completed form, transcripts of all course work, three (3) letters of recommendation, your portfolio, and a personal statement.
College student studying fields of the Visual Arts
Additional Selection Criteria
ELEGIBILITY GUIDELINES AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. The applicant must be a student enrolled in good standing and majoring in a visual arts curriculum at an accredited university, college or art institute for at least two (2) semesters or one academic year.
2. The applicant must have successfully completed the required number of academic credit hours in visual arts coursework such as painting in any medium, graphic arts, sculpture, photography, animation, film or textile art.
3. The applicant must submit three (3) letters of recommendation including one (1) from a professional in the field of visual arts and one (1) from a faculty member.
4. The applicant must submit a resume to include awards/achievements in the visual arts field as well as relevant work experience.
5. The applicant should submit via email a portfolio of no more than six (6) examples of their work, accompanied by a document describing them. Digitally generated images, photographs or video are preferred. Actual artwork may also be submitted, but these will be returned only if envelopes, packaging and postage are provided by the applicant. These works will not be kept in any ongoing file by the scholarship committee.
6. The applicant must submit a statement outlining how award of the Siemen Scholarship relates to accomplishment of their future plans and goals in the field of visual arts.
For application go to: https://www.yarmouth.ma.us/1266/Cecelia-Siemen-Scholarship and click on application link.
1. Applications to the Cecelia Siemen Scholarship in the Visual Arts should be submitted via email to South Yarmouth Library Association Board of Trustees at email@example.com no later than April 30th. Applications must include the following: completed Scholarship Application Form, transcript of academic records, three (3) letters of recommendation, portfolio with descriptions, resume and a personal statement addressing current interests and future plans.
2. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ascertain that all required application materials including recommendations, are received by April 30th.
3. Any questions or concerns can be discussed with Joanne Crowley, Cecelia Siemen Scholarship Committee Chair, via the email address above.
April 30, 2020
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Adobe Creative Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship