CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
This program was established in 2000 in honor of the late Curtis Mayfield to ensure that students pursuing a degree in the performing arts receive financial assistance. Performing arts includes theater, drama, comedy, music, dance, opera, marching bands, etc. Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students.
Additional Selection Criteria
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student (students pursuing a graduate degree in the fall are ineligible)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a major and career in a performing art
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
Application ProcessPart 1 – General Application
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- Electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- 2 minute visual recording sample. Applicant must be easily identified and the file must be saved in a format playable on Windows Media Player. It is suggested you create your video sample on a PC to ensure it is playable on Windows Media Player.
- Deadline — 04/20/2018
April 20, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Cleantech Scholarship Program
- Giant Mommy Internet Marketing Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- London Scholarship
- A Sustainable Future Through Solar Energy Scholarship
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Two Ten Higher Education Footwear Design Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
- SDRA's Jerry Wheeler Scholarship Program
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship
- The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Ayn Rand 'Atlas Shrugged' Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand 'The Fountainhead' Essay Contest
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship