CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
Seeing an educational need in their congressional districts, the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship was established in 1988 by the spouses of Congressional Black Caucus members in response to federal cuts in spending for education programs and scholarships, which disproportionately affect people of color. This scholarship awards scholarships to academically talented and highly motivated students of all majors who intend to pursue full-time undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees. Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students.
Varies $500 — $8,200
Additional Selection Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
Application ProcessPart 1 – General Application
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- Electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- Personal statement (500-1,000 words). Students should use the same personal statement when applying for multiple scholarships.
- Deadline — 05/18/2018
May 18, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Leap Clixx Annual Marketing Scholarship
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship
- The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Ayn Rand 'Atlas Shrugged' Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand 'The Fountainhead' Essay Contest
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship
- The Technical Generation Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
- Industrial Fabrics Foundation Scholarships
- The Women's Jewelry Association Foundation Scholarships
- Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Dealhack Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Market.biz Scholarship
- Test Facts Marketing Scholarship
- Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Helen Brett Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship