Business Plan Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Have you written a business plan for a competition, class, or to further your own entrepreneurial ventures? If so, they invite you to apply for the Business Plan Scholarship From Fit Small Business. They are interested in finding out what you learned from writing a business plan. Instead of providing us with a business plan, to apply for the scholarship submit a 500 to 1,000 word essay on “What I learned from writing a business plan”.
Potential essay topics include:
What I learned about researching ______ for the business plan.
What I learned about the _____ industry during researching the business plan.
What I learned about the key assumptions that my plan depended upon.
Why I no longer thought the business was viable after writing the plan.
How and why the business plan changed during the process of getting feedback!
Essays will be judged by David Waring and Marc Prosser, the co-founders of Fit Small Business, based on the originality, writing style, and quality of ideas. The best overall submission will be awarded a $2,500 cash scholarship. For terms and conditions of the scholarship see below.
Additional Selection Criteria
Who is eligible:
Any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any accredited American College, University or Trade School with a documented disability may apply for the scholarship. The scholarship is open to students with any type of disability, including but not limited to physical disabilities, medical conditions, mental and psychiatric conditions, speech and language, learning disabilities, behavioral conditions, and all other disabling conditions.
How do I apply?
Submit your original 500 to 1,000 word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Business Plan Scholarship Application”. In the email, please also include the name of your school, your anticipated major, expected date of graduation, and the nature of your disability.
General Essay Topic:
“What I learned from writing a business plan.”
The Business Plan is awarded twice annually, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. It will be awarded in 2019 and for the foreseeable future.
Fall Semester: Accepting submissions from August 1st through November 15th. Winner will be announced by November 30th.
Spring Semester: Accepting submissions from January 1st through April 15th. Winner will be announced by April 30th.
November 15, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Montem Health and Wellness Scholarship
- Start Standing Scholarship
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Chester Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Auger and Auger Disable Scholar Award
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- The Gates Scholarship
- Golden Door Scholarship
- We the Future Contest
- Classic Vans Scholarship
- Students with Heart Foundation Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Eduction Scholarship
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Program
- Business Plan Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Looking Beyond College Scholarship Essay Contes
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund