BTSADV Angel Scholarship
The BTSADV National Angel Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors or 2-year to 4-year college attendees. The Angel Fund recognizes and honors victims, survivors, children, and relatives of those affected by domestic violence. Students are also recognized for their capacity to lead and serve and their commitment to making a significant impact in advocating against domestic violence.
Additional Selection Criteria
To be eligible, all potential applicants must:
Identify as one of the following:
- Survivor of Intimate Partner Violence
- Has lost an immediate family member by blood to domestic violence (parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, or siblings)
- Angel Baby Caretaker (Is a direct guardian of a child that has lost a parent to domestic violence)
If a survivor, by physically separated from their abuser a minimum of one year, but not more than ten. Has sought services from a non-profit agency that provides services to survivors of intimate partner violence for a minimum of 6 consecutive months. This agency is willing to submit a recommendation on behalf of the applicant.
Applicant is willing to receive monthly mentorship through BTSADV for the duration of 1 semester and/or three months of the program length.
Be a citizen of permanent legal resident of the United States, or have an immigration status that makes them eligible for FAFSA, and be a current physical resident of the United States or its territories.
Have applied to or been officially accepted into an accredited course of study at a United States insitution.
Demonstrate a critical need for financial assistance.
Exhibit a strong desire and the ability to complete a training program and/or academic program.
Have a definite plan to use the designed training to upgrade skills for career advancement, to train for a new career field, or to enter or renter the job market.
To apply, go to: https://app.donorview.com/3ypYD
May 1, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Penguin Random House Creative Writing Awards
- DCU for Kids Annual Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program