Black Minds Matter Scholarship
Black Minds Matter (BMM) is a grassroots initiative designed to inspire youth leaders in the areas of art, education, and political activism. BMM’s goal is to position the 21st Century Leader with the opportunity to attend college and contribute in developing a more socially conscious generation equipped to stave off social injustices by awarding academic scholarships up to $500 to ease the financial burden of higher education. The core values that BMM considers in awarding student scholarships include: a strong work ethic, a demonstration of overcoming hardship; scholastic potential; leadership, strong communication skills, ability to solve problems, an affinity for music, and the ability to lead social change for the 21st Century.
Additional Selection Criteria
Eligible nominees must meet the following qualifications:
- Student must be at least 17 years of age and a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be enrolled as a fulltime student at a high school, college or university. Strong preference is given to students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit an essay (typed, double spaced not to exceed 750 words) that answers the following questions:
- How will you use your college education to positively impact or change your community in the future?
- Describe your community service participation and leadership activities.
- What circumstances in your life demonstrate that you have experienced financial hardship?
- Submit proof of enrollment through an official transcript.
For more information and application, go to: https://www.blackmindsmatter.com/scholarships
Recipient must be present at award ceremony.
*Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hardcopy to: Black Minds Matter, 8549 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1442, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- Uncommon Goods Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Seattle Marketing Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- Worthy Women's Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- ByteBiteBit Scholarship
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Dynamic Digital Scholarship
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship