Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
Atlas Recovery offers the Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to one college or university student in the United States. As young people in recovery ourselves who returned to school, they are familiar with the difficulties that many young adults face. They offer this scholarship with the intention of supporting an individual’s growth and continued learning through life’s adversities.
1 — $1,000
Additional Selection Criteria
Who is Eligible?
The scholarship is open to anyone meeting the following conditions:
1. Currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States or U.S. Territories OR planning to enroll during the following school year (see deadlines below)
2. Must be enrolled full-time or plan to be enrolled full-time
3. Must plan to put awarded funds toward tuition, books, room & board, or other education-related expenses
This scholarship is open to people of all races, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and religions. Although we primarily deal with substance abuse, addiction, and mental health disorders here at Atlas Recovery, applicants are welcome to submit stories about any form of adversity.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your piece using the contact form below. In your submission, answer the question: “How has adversity in your life impacted your growth in learning, academic or otherwise?” Submissions may be in the form of essay, song, video, or creative writing.
We ask that essays and forms of creative writing be 500-1,500 words, and songs and videos be 2-8 minutes long. To apply, simply send us your submission below. If you are submitting a song or video, you can include a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you do so, you must prove ownership by mentioning the Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship in the content.
Deadlines & Dates
This is an annual scholarship. The deadline for submissions for the fall semester of 2017 is Tuesday, August 1st, 2017. A scholarship winner will be announced on Friday, August 18th, 2017.
Applications will be accepted for the scholarship for fall of 2018 beginning on Friday, September 1st, 2018, and close on Wednesday, August 1st, 2018. A scholarship winner will be announced on Friday, August 17th, 2018.
August 1, 2018
For the application or more information go to:
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- COHEAO Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship
- The JMD Furniture Scholarship
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation Scholarships
- Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- CAC Educational Scholarship Foundation
- Dealhack Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship
- Market.biz Scholarship
- Teresa A. Mike Foundation Scholarships
- Test Facts Marketing Scholarship
- Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship
- Platt Family Scholarhsip
- Experience, Strength & Hope Scholarship
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- The Renoviso Dream Home Design Scholarship
- CoffeeForLess.com "Hit the Books" Scholarship
- Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
- Next Generation Scholarship
- Digital Responsibility Scholarships
- Fund Your Future Scholarships for Hospitality Students
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- PFLAG Chapter Scholarship Programs
- The Live Más Scholarship