APIA Scholars has worked with sponsors and partners to provide a variety of scholarships to over 7,000 students in the last 15 years.
ABOUT THE APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
ABOUT THE AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses listed below.
The AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 4, 2019 and closed on November 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status.
- Are the first in their families to attend college.
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity.
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards
one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards
High school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate students
Additional Selection Criteria
APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
APIA Scholars offers a range of scholarships to support APIA students.
APIA SCHOLARS MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2021.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2021-2022 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2021
- Submit one letter of recommendation online
AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census.
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at one of the following institutions during the 2021 Spring Semester if your institution is on a semester system or the 2021 Winter Quarter if your institution is on a quarter system.
Find our APIA Scholars AANAPISI Partners
- Have applied for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applicants do not necessarily need to have received federal financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship from APIA Scholars. Go to fafsa.gov for more information.
- Please note the following:
- Full-time enrollment and degree-seeking status is defined by the guidelines set by the institution’s Registrar’s Office.
- Non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are NOT eligible to apply.
- When you apply, you can be a part-time student, however, you must be enrolled full-time upon receipt of funding.
- Solely online students are not eligible to apply. If you are enrolled in online and on ground courses, no more than 1/2 of your courses can be online. *Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are waiving this requirement for the 2020-2021 academic year.
APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
How to ApplyThe APIA Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access. The application will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year from September 4, 2020 until January 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM EST.
For online application, go to: https://portal.apiasf.org/
Requires sign up for an APIA Scholars account
January 14, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program
- OCCACCF Scholarship
- Jeffrey D. Sollender College Scholarship
- CFDA Design Scholarship Awards