Angels Wings Thai Scholarship
The Angels Wings Foundation announces their third round of Thai Scholarships to rising college students of Thai ancestry. They are excited to expand their reach from the state of California to the entire West Coast and are honored to be able to provide assistance, opportunity and hope to a broader student population.
The initiative behind the Angels Wings Thai Scholarship, is to recognize and honor Thai-American students who have demonstrated academic excellence, commitment to their Thai community, heritage connection and desire to continue their education.
Angels Wings Thai Scholarship Strives to:
Provide educational opportunities by recognizing the contributions of Thai-Americans in local communities, and on regional, national and global levels.
Create an opportunity for Thai Americans to bring about meaningful changes in both their private and public lives through a higher education.
Establish ties among Thai Americans and their native country of Thailand.
Provide positive role models for Thai Americans living in the U.S.
Create thoughtful, future leaders who demonstrate integrity, respect and honor, and are the pride of the Thai community
Building a Community of Thai Scholars:
Their overarching vision is to open doors for Thai students to experience higher education, and to create a nationwide network of Thai youth scholars. They believe their scholars will thrive when given the opportunity to develop relationships with their contemporaries throughout the country. By encouraging a community amongst their scholars, they are also building greater pride, commitment and honoring Thailand and its people.
The AWF Scholarship Committee will select undergraduate students to receive college scholarships. Awardees will receive $5,000 towards education expenses to attend city/community colleges or trade school or a $10,000 scholarship to students attending a 4 year university. Proof of acceptance must be submitted during the application process. The full amount of the award will be disbursed directly to the college at the beginning of the semester of their first college term.
Additional Selection Criteria
Applicants for the Angels Wings Thai Scholarship must:
Be a graduating high school senior
Be entering an accredited college or university for the 2019-2020 school year
Have an un-weighted accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better
Demonstrate their aspiration through a written essay
To be considered for the scholarship, each candidate must submit the following documents:
Angels Wings Application form.
High School Transcript with senior grades, including GPA and Class Ranking.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: One may be from a Teacher, Coach, Principal or Counselor. And the second can be from an adult known on a personal level, such as from Volunteering, Faith-based Organization, Mentor or Neighbor. Must include their contact information for verification.
A 500-1000 word Essay: How has your family background affected the way you see the world?
Proof of College Acceptance and ID Card Number. Submit a copy of the College Acceptance letter.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE COMPLETE PACKET
Gather all 5 Application Requirement documents listed above, and submit via email or apply online. Student will receive an acknowledgement email notice. Do Not submit the packet more than once.
Email: Download application. Once completed scan all the documents to create one PDF, and attach to email. Email to: email@example.com
Online Application: Fill out application online at: https://www.angelswingsfoundation.org/angels-wings-thai-scholarship
If you have further questions regarding the Angels Wings Foundation Thai Scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 3, 2019
Saturday, June 1, 2019
For the application or more information go to:
- CelebrAsian Scholarships
- HGA and Dendel Scholarships
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Next Generation Scholarship
- PolicyPak Scholarship
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- JVS Scholarship Program
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Incight Scholarship
- The BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- Walmart Foundation Scholarships
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- Two Ten Higher Education Scholarships
- TLMI Scholarship Programs
- Verplank Foundation Scholarships
- Wealth by Health Steps for Change Foundation Scholarships
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships