Angels Wings Foundation Scholarship
The initiative behind the Angels Wings Thai Scholarship, Los Angeles is to recognize and honor Thai-American students who have demonstrated academic excellence, concern for their Thai community, connection with their heritage, and desire to continue their education. The required factors may be demonstrated through participation in community and high school/college activities.
The AWF Scholarship Committee will select undergraduate students to receive college scholarships. Awardees will receive $5,000 towards education expenses to attend city/community colleges or trade school or a $10,000 scholarship to students attending a 4 year university. Proof of acceptance must be submitted during the application process. The full amount of the award will be disbursed directly to the college at the beginning of the semester of their first college term.
Additional Selection Criteria
Applicants for the Angels Wings Thai Scholarship must:
Be a graduating high school senior
Be entering an accredited college or university for the 2021-2022 school year
Have an un-weighted accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better
Demonstrate their aspiration through a written essay
To be considered for the scholarship, each candidate must submit the following documents:
Angels Wings Application form.
High School Transcript with senior grades, including GPA and Class Ranking.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: One may be from a Teacher, Coach, Principal or Counselor. And the second can be from an adult known on a personal level, such as from Volunteering, Faith-based Organization, Mentor or Neighbor. Must include their contact information for verification.
A 500-1000 word Essay: How has your Thai background affected your personal growth? This scholarship is intended to help those with financial need, how will this scholarship empower you?
Proof of College Acceptance and ID Card Number. Submit a copy of the College Acceptance letter.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE COMPLETE PACKET
Gather all 5 Application Requirement documents listed above, and submit via email or apply online. Student will receive an acknowledgement email notice. Do Not submit the packet more than once.
Email: Download application. Once completed scan all the documents to create one PDF, and attach to email. Email to: email@example.com
June 30, 2021
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- Go Skills Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- KFC The Reach Educational Grant Program
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- APIA Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Penguin Random House Creative Writing Awards
- DCU for Kids Annual Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founders' Scholarship Program
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- Los Angeles County Commission for Women Resilience Scholarship
- Adobe Design Circle Scholarship
- Beyond the Buroughs National Scholarship Fund
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships for Students with Dyslexia
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Future of School Scholarship Program