American Indian Services Scholarship
The AIS Scholarship program is to help with financial support to attend college, maintain enrollment, and graduate. Scholarship Awards are based on up to one-half of tuition and need for the term the student is applying for and are allocated directly to the school for the student. Students will need to have their own email account in order to apply.
Awards vary between $500 to $2,000 depending on tuition, merit, and funds available. Receiving a certain award amount for one term does not mean you will receive the same amount for another term.
Additional Selection Criteria
Application ProcessREQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All required documents need to be uploaded to the student's application and are due by the deadline. We are no longer accepting emailed, faxed, or hard copy documents. Late documents will not be accepted. Be sure to request your documents early to avoid missing the deadline.
- Photo of the Applicant — Photo needs to be recent. It does not have to be professional, but old, tattered, blurry, filtered photos or a copy of your ID will NOT be accepted. The photo will be sent to potential donors who may fund your scholarship and/or used for marketing purposes.
- Proof of Heritage — Proof of Heritage must show that you are either an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe or you are not enrolled but are a descendant of a base roll member. If you are not enrolled but are a descendant, you will need to show proof of enrollment and relation. Ask your tribal enrollment office for a statement or you can apply for a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood from the BIA.
- Essay (in place of the biographical letter) — The essay is not an actual document that you will upload, but rather a text box on the application itself. What's included:
- Tell us about yourself. (For example: something special about where you grew up, experiences with your tribe or how it has influenced you, what your family is like, the challenges you've had to overcome to get your education, etc.)
- Desired career industry
- Why have you chosen this field?
- Please explain why you feel you need this scholarship.
- Official Tuition Billing Statement (or acceptable alternative) — The statement must reflect the term you are applying for and the tuition amount. Acceptable alternatives:
- Letter of the estimated cost of tuition from your school stating your name, the term you are applying for, and the estimated cost of tuition for however many credits you plan to take for that term.
- Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) form in place of a tuition statement. FNA's for other organizations will not be accepted. Be advised that FNA's are for full-time status only. *We are now accepting tuition statements for the Academic Year.
- Current Transcript (can be unofficial) — DO NOT WAIT for final grades to be posted and submit the most current transcripts as of today. You don't need to pay for an official transcript. You can submit an unofficial transcript. High school or GED transcripts are acceptable for incoming freshmen in their first two terms ONLY.
- Thank You Letter (only required if your application is approved).
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION: https://smr.to/p79242
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINESI Spring/Summer — Enrollment Opens: January 1 Deadline: February 1
II Summer — Enrollment Opens: March 1 Deadline: April 1
III Fall/Academic Year — Enrollment Opens: May 1 Deadline: July 1
IV Spring/Winter — Enrollment Opens: September 1 Deadline: November 1
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- IETF College Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest
- The Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship
- Stantec Equity & Diversity Scholarship
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- The NCJW LA Scholarship Program
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study Competition
- Golden Door Scholarship
- Dyslexia/ Auditory Processing Disorder Scholarship
- TFS Making Life Easier Scholarship
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Future Designer Scholarship
- Good Tidings Foundation Scholarship
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation Scholarship
- Soroptimist-Live Your Dream Award
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Brown Bag Marketing Scholarship Video Contest
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Pilot Pen G2 Overachievers Grant
- Digital Success Scholarship Program
- CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship
- Dietspotlight.com Scholarship Program
- Influence Print Graphic Design Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship