“Education is the key that will open the door of opportunity for the Native Americans.”
– Spencer W. Kimball
The AIS Scholarship program is to help undergraduate Native American students with financial support to attend college, maintain enrollment and graduate through scholarships. Awards are based on up to one-half of tuition and need for the term the student is applying for and are allocated directly to the school for the student.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Enrolled or will enroll as a matriculated student in a university, college, junior college or technical school (incoming freshman accepted)
- At least One-Quarter (1/4) enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe.
- Undergraduate student with no more than 150 semester credits or 210 quarter credits. First bachelor’s degree only. Graduate studies NOT eligible.
- Full-time or part-time status – excluding non-credit courses (minimum of 6 credits).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 must be established and maintained after the first semester/quarter of college.
- Completed Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
*Each deadline is for the Term (semester, trimester or quarter) that starts in one of the months listed.
|If Your Term Starts in Either:
||You Would Apply for Award #:
||Application and Required Documents are Due:
|April or May
|| February 1st
|June or July
|August, September, October, or November
|| June 1st
| December, January, February or March
Please take a moment to read requirements (link: https://americanindianservices.org/students/requirements/) to ensure that you qualify for scholarship support. If you meet their requirements, and are interested in receiving assistance through AIS, you may apply (link: https://smr.to/p69375) for the scholarship. Students must complete the online application and submit all required documents (link: https://americanindianservices.org/students/required-documents/)
by the specified deadline. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Late applications and/or documents will not be accepted.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks AFTER the deadline for applications to be processed and updated online. *Be advised that during the holiday season, it will take us longer than usual. If you are awarded, you will receive an award email. You will be required to write a thank you letter (details in the email), which needs to be submitted by the specified deadline. Scholarship checks will be sent to the school after receipt of thank you letters.
*NEW starting 2021 – Academic Year Awards
We will now include awarding for the academic year. This means you will only need to apply once a year under Award III for the academic year, which typically covers Fall to Spring, or Fall to Summer, depending on your school calendar. You will not need to reapply for the individual terms once you apply for the academic year. Students will need to apply each term if they do not apply for the academic year.
For the application or more information go to: