All-Star College Scholarship
Education is an important part of life. In baseball terms, it gives you a healthy lead as you round the bases. But not everyone gets the same opportunity for higher education. The UMPS CARE Charities All-Star College Scholarship is for children adopted later in life in order to provide a college education to students who otherwise might not be able to afford one. UMPS CARE Charities awards approximately $40,000 annually in college scholarships.
About the All-Star College Scholarship
The All-Star Scholarship is open to children adopted at or after the age of 13 to provide increased opportunities for advanced education. Each year, one student will be selected to receive the scholarship. This student will be eligible to receive up to $10,000 annually to go towards tuition, books, and other college-related expenses.
up to $10,000 for four years
Additional Selection Criteria
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must have been adopted at or after the age of thirteen (13).
- Demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA Application.
- Applicants must be incoming college freshman under the age of twenty (20).
- A completed application that includes four short answer/essays written by the student.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should reflect the writer's knowledge of the student's achievements, improvements, and personal needs.
— Teacher/Administrator: One letter should represent a teacher or administrator who is familiar with the student's
work and accomplishments.
— Personal Reference: The second letter should come from a significant person in the child's life (i.e. social worker,
coach, mentor, etc.).
— Parent: The parent letter should highlight the growth the student has shown since adoption.
- The student's most recent high school transcript and a copy of first semester's grades. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report (FAFSA). Visit the web for complete FAFSA details including deadlines at www.fafsa.ed.gov
For online application, go to: https://www.umpscare.com/scholarship/scholarship-application/
Questions? Go to: https://www.umpscare.com/contact-us/
Requirements to Maintain Scholarship:
If you are selected as the scholarship recipient, you may be awarded a $5,000 grant every semester (for a 4 year institution) if you meet the maintenance standards. Standards align with Federal Grant standards.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA during school — if your GPA falls below 2.5 your scholarship will be considered 'under review' by the scholarship committee and additional actions will be required.
- At the end of every semester you will submit your grades and proof of registration for the next semester.
- You will maintain an ethical code of conduct personally, academically and professionally.
- You will maintain communication with UMPS CARE staff and/or your mentor throughout each semester.
May 15, 2020
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship
- The Gates Scholarship
- OhmHome Cleantech Scholarship Program
- The UncommonGoods Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- MJSA Scholarships
- Against the Grain Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- TheDream.US Scholarships
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Michelle's Place Scholarship
- Pursuit of Excellence Scholarships
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
- Create A Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Adobe Creative Scholarship Program
- World Trade Week College University Scholarship Application
- The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship Program
- Association for Women in Architecture Foundation Scholarships
- Incight Scholarship
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivor
- Frame My Future Scholarship Contest
- Freestone Future Leaders Scholarship
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship