All-Star College Scholarship
Education is an important part of life. In baseball terms, it gives you a healthy lead as you round the bases. But not everyone gets the same opportunity for higher education. The UMPS CARE Charities All-Star College Scholarship is for children adopted later in life in order to provide a college education to students who otherwise might not be able to afford one. UMPS CARE Charities awards approximately $50,000 annually in college scholarships.
About the All-Star College Scholarship
The All-Star Scholarship is open to children adopted at or after the age of 13 to provide increased opportunities for advanced education. Each year, one student will be selected to receive the scholarship. This student will be eligible to receive up to $10,000 annually to go towards tuition, books, and other college-related expenses.
$5,000 grant every semester (for a 4 year institution) if you meet the maintenance standards
Additional Selection Criteria
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must have been adopted or exited foster care to permanent guardianship at or after the age of thirteen (13).
- Demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA Application.
- Applicants must be incoming college freshman under the age of twenty (20).
- A completed application that includes four short answer/essays written by the student.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should reflect the writer's knowledge of the student's achievements, improvements, and personal needs.
— Teacher/Administrator: One letter should represent a teacher or administrator who is familiar with the student's
work and accomplishments.
— Personal Reference: The second letter should come from a significant person in the child's life (i.e. social worker,
coach, mentor, etc.).
— Parent: The parent letter should highlight the growth the student has shown since adoption.
- The student's most recent high school transcript and a copy of first semester's grades. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report (FAFSA). Visit the web for complete FAFSA details including deadlines at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Didn't take the ACT/SAT? No problem. Just send us documentation.
- A copy of your adoption or legal guardianship paperwork.
For online application, go to: https://www.umpscare.com/scholarship/all-star-college-scholarship/ and click on application link.
Questions? Go to: https://www.umpscare.com/contact-us/
Requirements to Maintain Scholarship:
If you are selected as the scholarship recipient, you may be awarded a $5,000 grant every semester (for a 4 year institution) if you meet the maintenance standards. Standards align with Federal Grant standards.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA during school — if your GPA falls below 2.5 your scholarship will be considered 'under review' by the scholarship committee and additional actions will be required.
- At the end of every semester you will submit your grades and proof of registration for the next semester.
- You will maintain an ethical code of conduct personally, academically and professionally.
- You will maintain communication with UMPS CARE staff and/or your mentor throughout each semester.
May 12, 2023
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- The Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program
- Environmental Awareness Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- 1000 Dreams Scholarship
- Houzz Scholarships
- IFDA Educational Foundation Student Scholarships
- JVS Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
- CGA Educational Foundation Scholarship
- Mission Square Retirement Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation Scholarships
- Alexx Florex Opportunity Scholarship
- The Ebell/Flint Scholarship
- American Indian Education Fund
- Nike Scholarship Fund
- AIGA Worldstudio Scholarships
- EveryLife Foundation #RAREis Scholarship Fund
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- Incight Scholarship
- Kids with Courage Type 1 Champions Scholarship Program
- LEAD Scholarship Foundation
- LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
- Operation Second Chance Scholarship
- Verplank Foundation Scholarships
- Elizabeth Nash Foundation Scholarship
- The Tang Scholarship
- The Susanna and Lucy DeLaurentis Charitable Foundation Scholarship
- OAR Scholarship Program
- Blue Shield of California Foundation Scholarship Program
- Create Real Impact Contest
- Also-Known-As Adoptee Excellence Scholarship
- Bags of Love Foundation Scholarship
- Celebrate the West Art Competitio
- Joe Beirne Scholarship Program
- The Brown MAE Foundation Scholarships
- Think for Yourself Scholarship
- Daniel A. Terry Scholarship-California Fire Foundation