AAHD Scholarship Program
The AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability is awarded annually to deserving students with a disability who are pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a sophomore in college) in an accredited university and who are pursuing studies related to the health and disability, to include, but not limited to public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact quality of life of persons with disabilities.
Funds are limited to under $1,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student and must have completed one full year of college or more. In other words, the applicant must have sophomore or greater status in a program at a college or university pursuing an undergraduate degree as of fall 2022; or enrolled part time or full time in a graduate school, pursuing a post graduate degree as of fall 2022.
- Important: applicants who have not yet graduated from high school will not be considered. High school students entering college, for the first time, in the fall of 2022 are NOT eligible to apply. The only exception would be for high school students who have achieved sophomore status via high school AP course credits.
- Applicant must have a disability as defined by the American with Disabilities Act and must provide documentation to verify this.
- Preference will be given to students majoring in public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health.
- Preference will be given to students with a history of community service and/or volunteer activities.
- Applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident living in the United States and enrolled in an accredited United States university.
March 1, 2022
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- Inheritance of Hope Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- AATCC Foundation Scholarships
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- The Peter Williams Scholarship for Technology & Business
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- The Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
- Worthy Women's Scholarship
- AbbVie Immunology Scholarship
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarships
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Educating Children of Color (ECOC) Scholarships
- Next Day Animations Illustrating Awesomeness Scholarship
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Foot Locker Scholars Athlete Program
- Pink Rose Foundation Scholarship