The FIDM Scholarship Foundation helps dreams
The FIDM Scholarship Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping students achieve a college education. Our funding comes primarily from donations of merchandise from over 400 manufacturers, retailers, and wholesalers, typically in the form of clothing, accessories, fabric, cosmetics, and home furnishings. This merchandise is sold in the FIDM Scholarship Store and proceeds from store sales generate scholarships for current Students.
Help support the future of the industry.
Thanks to merchandise donations, the FIDM Scholarship Foundation has awarded over $7 million in scholarships to deserving students since its inception. Upon graduating, these scholarship recipients have gone on to launch successful careers in the Fashion, Interior Design, and Entertainment industries. You can read their stories on the success stories page.
The FIDM Scholarship Foundation was established in 1978 with the express mission of providing financial assistance to postsecondary students in their pursuit of a higher education degree in the creative industries of a Fashion, Interior design, Entertainment, and the Digital arts.
The FIDM Scholarship Foundation works to help all eligible students achieve their passion for a creative and challenging career.
The FIDM Scholarship Foundation goals and objectives are to…
- Generate funds for scholarships.
- Provide financial assistance to eligible students.
- Recognize industry contributions to the Foundation.
- Offer recognition to noteworthy students and potential students.
- Maintain the highest standards in the allocation of financial assistance.
- Assist the community with clothing donations through charitable contributions.
The donated merchandise generates funds to provide scholarships from $1,000 to $5,000 to students who show financial need and meet the special criteria of the Allocation Committee. Selection is competitive in nature and is based on demonstrated academic performance, job achievements, financial need, and potential success as shown in the student’s application, essays, portfolio, and personal references.
- Ella Van Nort
- Jeffrey Rubalcava
The FIDM Scholarship Foundation, which includes our dedicated student interns, is divided up into three teams:
- A SCHOLARSHIP RESEARCH TEAM explores scholarships available through sources other than those provided by the Foundation and FIDM by contacting various outside organizations.
- The FIDM SCHOLARSHIP STORE TEAM assists with the daily operation of the FIDM Scholarship Store. They open the store, assist with customer service, check in merchandise donations and determine pricing, organize the store, execute visual displays, etc.
- The INDUSTRY LIAISON TEAM contacts industry partners to request merchandise donations for the Scholarship Store. Interns also research new sources of donations and generate a current database.